New Layout Pictures

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Here are some new things that I have recieved off e-bay in the last week or so.

First is a Athearn Blue Box BNSF Gondola - I added a lumber load from one of my 53' flatbed trailers. The flat car next to it also has a load on it, Concrete slabs and some banded metal piping.
Second is a close-up of the gondola
Third is a Knight Transportation 53' Trailer w/ a Volo Cab
Fourth is the same trailer w/my custom Ford Aeromax Cab painted for Knight T.
Fifth is one of 2 cabs operated by Mike Lowrie Transportation and it is pulling a new Walthers Bison 53' Trailer. I also got a Walthers YANKE 53' Trailer too but I forgot to take a pic of it.

Attachments

• DSC02675.JPG
    DSC02675.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC02677.JPG
    DSC02677.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC02679.JPG
    DSC02679.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC02680.JPG
    DSC02680.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC02683.JPG
    DSC02683.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 210

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Some more pics.

First is a Athearn USPS Kenworth pulling a 48' USPS trailer
Second is another cab, this time it is operated by Button Transportation and is pulling a weathered Walthers 48' TIP Trailer Rental Trailer.

Attachments

• DSC02681.JPG
    DSC02681.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC02682.JPG
    DSC02682.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 216

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Ok, here is the layout with the United Petrloeum Refinery, Tank Car Loading Rack, and Tank Truck Loading Rack in and some Storage Tanks. This time there is 2 tracks (red lines) serving the tank car rack and the tank car rack is double long (2 kits).

Attachments

• DSC02687.JPG
    DSC02687.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC02685.JPG
    DSC02685.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC02686.JPG
    DSC02686.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 208

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
you going to isolate the tank car loading racks? thats no fun!

whats all of that to the right of your tanker truck and trail, and below the Roadway truck?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
green_elite_cab said:
you going to isolate the tank car loading racks? thats no fun!

Ya I know but there is no way to connect them to the mainline because the gravel company already has a track right there. It is ok though, I don't mind. Just in it for the looks right now.

green_elite_cab said:
whats all of that to the right of your tanker truck and trailer
and below the Roadway truck?

To the right is the red wing flour mill building and below is a small area for loading docks that cannot be made any smaller, it is already to small for my liking but I can deal with it. I like the trucks to be able to have lots of room and as you can see, the ROADWAY truck is already very cramed in there (that is a 53' trailer). The Refinery is surrounded in chain-link fencing as you see in the drawling ( some of the blue lines are labeled chain-link fence).

At the bottom of the truck loading rack is a road (black line) and the siding (red line) for the gravel company. The refinery has two gates too (one comes directly off the road) and one is over in the loading dock area (where the cab of the tanker truck is)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Some of my ROADWAY Trucks

Here are a few pics of some of my ROADWAY trucks currently on the layout. They are 28'ers. The last pic is of a Schneider National Truck that has to be decaled.

Attachments

• DSC02688.JPG
    DSC02688.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC02689.JPG
    DSC02689.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC02690.JPG
    DSC02690.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC02691.JPG
    DSC02691.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC02692.JPG
    DSC02692.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 151

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Attachments

• DSC02693.JPG
    DSC02693.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC02694.JPG
    DSC02694.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC02695.JPG
    DSC02695.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC02696.JPG
    DSC02696.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC02697.JPG
    DSC02697.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 146

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Attachments

• DSC02698.JPG
    DSC02698.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 144
Ironic....I do the security work for bison transports head office. I wasnt aware they had there trailers made in HO Scale. Let me know if you need pics for weathering.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Sweet, that is so cool, I would love to have some pics of them for weathering if you could.

The Bison Trailer is made by Walthers.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
TruckLover said:
. If I go with the refinery, I'll have some storage tanks around the building and some half tanks in the wall

I just got my Walthers tall Oil tank from backorder today.

the tank comes as one solid piece, and its thick. It will be very difficult to cut this in half. It might be easier to just situate the wall on a berm, and use the wlathers piping kit ro make it look liek it goes farther, because thats what i'm doing, lol. I'll post pictures so you can see the tall tank and how it works.

you will also need a drill of some kind (i used a 5/16" power drill bit spun by hand) because the tank has no pre drilled holes.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
I wasn't planning on using the Walthers tanks, was just going to scratch build some but you brought up an interesting point, just use the piping kit and make it look like tanks are off in the distance.:thumb:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Wildcatfootball said:
Where did you get all of the RoadWays' from?

:wave: All those 28'ers are made by Athearn and that old Mack B cab is also by Athearn. The rest are custom painted from Promotex (cabs) and Trucks N' Stuff (trailers)

ejen34

Hmm I think I will run some pipes down the side of the Silo I just finished like yours Josh, will post it when on my layout :thumb:

KCS

TruckLover said:
Nice looking rigs. It looks like a Freightlinner Century (Blue) and a Kenworth (Red)

What scale are they??

Just want to make note that the blue one is a Freightliner Columbia and the red is a Kenworth T-600. Man, I wish they would carry those at one of the walmarts here. It would save a load on buying resin kit's from Jacobs Models. I will have to use Jacob's Models Freightliner FLD 120 with the 70" condo sleeper to produce an entire nice size fleet of about 50 trucks for Dick Simon Trucking. (the skunk) Thing is I'll have to buy a couple of his and cast my own from molds to get more at lower cost sense I'm needing so many. But those Malibu International trucks only need a couple upgrade items such as Herpa chrome wheels and a couple other details.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
ejen34 said:
Hmm I think I will run some pipes down the side of the Silo I just finished like yours Josh, will post it when on my layout :thumb:

Cool, Can't wait to see yoursbounce7 bounce7

Im still not done with mine, in fact, far from it. Still have to do a lot of scratch building and I just picked up the bulk transfer conveyor today from my LHS (Arnie's Trains) along with $380.00 worth of other things (rail cars, buildings, track, roadbed, building accessories, and trucks)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
KCS said:
Just want to make note that the blue one is a Freightliner Columbia and the red is a Kenworth T-600. Man, I wish they would carry those at one of the walmarts here. It would save a load on buying resin kit's from Jacobs Models. I will have to use Jacob's Models Freightliner FLD 120 with the 70" condo sleeper to produce an entire nice size fleet of about 50 trucks for Dick Simon Trucking. (the skunk) Thing is I'll have to buy a couple of his and cast my own from molds to get more at lower cost sense I'm needing so many. But those Malibu International trucks only need a couple upgrade items such as Herpa chrome wheels and a couple other details.

jawdrop :eek: R u selling them to the company or something? I would love to have 50 of the same company!!!!

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
what are good models of box van type trucks? I dpn't have so much room for the bigger 53' tractor trailers. i do the same modern stuff. (late 70s to present)