New Layout Pictures

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
:wave: Hi everyone,

Just thought you guys might want to see some of my new layout that I just put in. Well, here it is:

• First is the Glacier Gravel Main Building.
  • Second is the Coneyor from the main building to the mountain for underground mining. The mountain will be covered with rocks, dirt, trees and brush when I get some money to get them.
  • Third is the Blue Star Ready mix. It will rest sideways against the mountain as it is in the picture.

Attachments

• Glacier Gravel.jpg
    Glacier Gravel.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 4,396
  • Conveyor.jpg
    Conveyor.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 4,296
  • Blue Star.jpg
    Blue Star.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 4,283

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
All those trucks are awesome...I wish I had that kind of selection in Nscale (that didn't cost a small fortune). Those buildings look great!!! The detail and realism you're going to be able to get with all those great looking trucks and buildings is going to be something to see.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Here are some more pictures:
  • The Asphalt plant. That is pretty much were it will go and will have a constant supply of gravel from the bunkers.
  • Here is the CN&W hoppers with my new BNSF Dash 8-40B
  • The bunkers for the Blue star and the Asphalt plant that are in the same complex. The bunkers will have a supply of gravel from the Walthers Bulk Conveyor with the pit and the conveyor dumping gravel into the small open area next to the bunkers.

Attachments

• Asphalt Plant.jpg
    Asphalt Plant.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 3,883
  • Ballast Train.jpg
    Ballast Train.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 3,861
  • Bunkers.jpg
    Bunkers.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 3,805

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
  • Here is the Magic Pan Bakery Complex. It will have the tracks in the middle of the warehouse and the bulk silos. And of corse, it will have a yard of trucks and trailers.
  • That huge space will be a huge steel mill. I just have to wait until I get enough money to start getting them off of e-bay. I plan to have the following Walthers Steel Mill kits:
    • Blast Furnace
    • Rolling Mill
    • Coke Oven and Quencher
    • Yard Office
    • Slag Cars
    • Hot Metal Cars
    • Coke Cars
    • Mill Gondolas
  • And the last one is the few of the New River Mining Company. I still have to add a similar mountain as above for the conveyor. I thought that the conveyors would be better off going into the mountains for a underground or far away mine rather than making a mine on the layout cause every one knows how much room it takes up.

Attachments

• Magic Pan.jpg
    Magic Pan.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 3,771
  • Steel Mill View.jpg
    Steel Mill View.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 3,699
  • New River 2.jpg
    New River 2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 3,692

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
WOW! that is great! I love all the vehicles and industries. It just looks so unique. keep up the good work and keep those pics coming!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
  • Another view of the New River Mining Company. It's the conveyor housing for the conveyor that goes to the Coal Flood Loader. I painted the Buildings with Black and Grey Primmer and the handrails with caution Yellow to make them stand out.
  • A view of the coal train getting loaded by the main building. The coal cars are 5-Bay hoppers made by Walthers.
  • View of the Coalporter Train being loaded by the coal flood loader and snaking around the bend. There will dbe a switch coming on the mainline. The coalporters are made by LBF and are BNSF.

Attachments

• New River 1.jpg
    New River 1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 3,679
  • BNSF Coal Train.jpg
    BNSF Coal Train.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 3,630
  • BNSF Coalporter.jpg
    BNSF Coalporter.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 3,647

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Shoot the pics are a little out of focus, all well.

Heres the last 3 for now.
  • Another view of the coalporter train
  • A view of the entier layout
  • Another view

Attachments

• BNSF Coalporter 2.jpg
    BNSF Coalporter 2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 3,545
  • Layout View 1.jpg
    Layout View 1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 3,561
  • Layout View 2.jpg
    Layout View 2.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 3,497

kirkendale

May 24, 2004
:wave: Wow, great looking and good job. The pictures are good and capture the action of a very busy operation. keep the updates coming. :thumb:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Josh:wave:, WOW!, looks like the new layout is going GREAT!!:thumb: NICE 8-40B!:thumb::D -Deano