New holiday: Locomotive Day

Zug

Sep 16, 2003
www.zugdcc.com
I have officially proclaimed February 14th as "Locomotive Day" from now on!

That other holiday has been abolished! No more spending insane amounts of mount on stuff like flowers and candy!

Feb 14 is now for showing your appreciation of your hard working locomotives for their tireless work hauling cargo across to the other end of the train room on time.

Suggested Locomotive Day activities include:
A good wheel cleaning.
New couplers.
New tanker, hopper or whatever your loco's favorite type of cars are.
A cleaning car to keep the rails spotless for your beloved locomotives.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Good luck with that Zug! :D Actually I think I may be able to combine the original Feb 14th holiday with your new one. If I give my wife flowers, chocolates, and a new locomotive...I'm guessing she'll only keep two of the three and give the third one to me! Everybody's happy! :)
Ralph

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by Ralph
Good luck with that Zug! :D Actually I think I may be able to combine the original Feb 14th holiday with your new one. If I give my wife flowers, chocolates, and a new locomotive...I'm guessing she'll only keep two of the three and give the third one to me! Everybody's happy! :)
Ralph

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets see - a Locomotive - in the appropriate scale - is better than a vacuum cleaner. :) : ) :) Or new Clothes.. :)

Mike R

Jan 18, 2002
Meaford Ontario Canada
Visit site
Based on serious commercials seen up here, especially during the NFL football season, I believe it's

" THE BUD LIGHT INSTITUTE "

who is spearheading changes to 'special days', and actually prepares appropriate greeting cards for these occasions.
Their website expands on this philosophy.:D :eek: :thumb:
regards,
Mike

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Tell ya what...I'll back ya up on this---after---you 'splain it to my wife. After all, she is kinda tired of them candlelight dinners, a chick flick romance type movie and 4 hours away from the younguns---NOT!

Oct 14, 2003
Lisboa, Portugal
Like the rest of you, I'm thinking about giving a train set to my girlfriend :D :D

But she might like it... She already helps me with most of the structures (some times - you must know when it's the right time) and if so, she'll probably start to play with my layout and don't leave even a siding to me...

However, I guess this change would make sense... Locomotive Day instead of St.Valentine's... seems great!:D :D :D