new guy's photos.

UP_STEVE

Jun 21, 2003
brisbane, australia
Visit site
hi everyone, im only just getting around to making a new topic to show my photos of my layout... i hope you enjoy them.
my camera isnt the best so that affects the photo quality.

the first one is my alco PA hauling a freight... i really need to get some passenger cars for it lol :D

Attachments

• g01.jpg
    g01.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 305

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Thanks for all the photos you posted UP_STEVE
It was good you added your track plan so we could see where you are going with this layout. I realize you are far from finished but would suggest another crossover to your double track so trains could move from track to track and back. Handy when you want to do switching

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Nice work, Steve!:cool:

I've got an N scale layout that's about at the same stage of completion as yours...basically just one corner is scenicked, so that where most of the photos are taken!:D

Hey, thanks for sharing the pics! :)

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Looking good Steve! I especially like the "all the locos I own" shot. That's a realistic looking cut into that tunnel with hills on either side of the track.
Ralph

UP_STEVE

Jun 21, 2003
brisbane, australia
Visit site
thanks everyone :)

I was thinking about adding another crossover between the 2 mainlines... but i laid my track too hastily and so i figure it will add to the challenge of switching, or make things more interesting (difficult lol) i really only plan on using the inner loop for switching anyway.

:D i usually just like to watch the trains go round

thanks for the kind words, i will post more photos when i get some more work done

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Thanks for sharing your pics Steve,
The trackplan is great for "just watchin the trains". (I too just like watching trains run).
I think you would do well to insert a second crossover between your main lines though.... as it progresses with scenery etc you will kick yourself for not doing it at this early stage :) .

Your layout size/configuration is similar to mine and my headache is that I should do the scenery furthest from the front first. This avoids the possibility of damaging front scenery should the front be done first. Imagineering the rear while the front is not done is giving me nightmares :confused: .

Either way, I like your layout, "Simple is Beautiful" is my motto.

Errol