new guy with wiring problem

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by goatman, Nov 23, 2002.

1. goatman

goatman New Member

I am wiring 10 blocks on my new layout with Atlas selectorwith[4switches] in each section for a total of 4 section for some reason witch a can't understan acan"t isolate my blocks no matter witch swich Iuse .Iused plastice rail joiners on both rails any help please.thanks in advance.jim[goatman]
  2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Diagram of trackplan w/insulators marked would sure help.
  3. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Jad.
    Could you post a drawing so we can see what you did?
  4. billk

billk Active Member

Actually a wiring diagram of what you're doing would be of more help than just a track plan. I think. Maybe. It might be a real pain to draw one up, but you might just figure out on your own what you're doing wrong by doing so.

Another thing is to get or make a continuity tester if you don't have one already. It can be as simple as a couple of pieces of wire, a battery and a light or buzzer.
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Jad,
    I would prefer a simple trackplan to solve your problem, with a plan I can re-draw it and place in where to put DPDT switches and where to place "Plastic" rail joiners.

Shamus[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. goatman

goatman New Member

wiring

thanks guys for your replies,i can't draw any plans,but idid some testingand i think my prolems are in myAtlas selectors . Iget a short across all the terminals with nothing attached. Ihave some oldSP/DTswitches that I will try.let you know how i make out ThankJim:)
  7. goatman

goatman New Member

wireing problem solved

Had two wires mixed and had a plastic insulator that was no on the rail everthing is OK thanks Imust have had fishing on my mind when I was working on the layout. JAD:) ;) :cool: :rolleyes:
  8. tomfassett

tomfassett Member

Re: wireing problem solved

What? You say that like it is a bad thing... Now if I could just figure out how to take the layout with me when fishing, I would be in heaven...;) :D

Tom F