New guy needing help on prices

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by rccardude909, Dec 1, 2005.

1. rccardude909

rccardude909 New Member

Hey. I have a bunch of n-gauge scale items from Japan that i brought back a couple of years ago. Can anyone tell me how much its worth? I think I will be selling everything soon as I've taken up another hobby. These were basically never run and only used for display. This is not a forsale thread, i'm just gauging how much everything is worth.

Engine:
    Kato EF200 3018

Various cars:
    Tomix 2703 JNR Freight Car
    KATO 8001
    Tomix 2770 Freight Car
    Minitrix 13847

Rail:
    Tomix Rail Set 91021
    Tomix Rail Set 91033

Transformer:
    Tomix 5001 Power Unit
  2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

The best advice on getting prices on these is to go do a search on eBay. That's your best measure of what something is worth. Sounds like you bought a "starter set", if it's still intact and in the box, you might look it up as a set rather than individual parts.
  3. newhall

newhall New Member

Ebay is definitely a good place to start. You are also more than welcome to check out our site and get a rough idea what these items cost new from our online store.
  4. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Hey Newhall! What a coincidence! I just became aware of your site here in the last week when another member was searching for Thomas the Tank Engine in N scale. Cool stuff.
  5. newhall

newhall New Member

Neat coincidence! sign1 Thanks for the feedback. Yep, our little site is a dream come true. I now spend all this time playing with (ahem... I mean testing) and enjoying (ahem.... I mean working with) these trains it's indeed a pleasure. It doesn't even feel like work most of the time, although my wife has to pry me away once in a while. :)