New Glue Tips

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by Bowdenja, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

This is for all the new guys..........you guys who've been cutting and glueing paper for a while already have your techniques down. :D

While trying to figure out a glueing technique I found these new tips at a Craft Store (Michael's). They are originally for putting thick fabric paint on T-shirts and stuff, but they work great on glue bottles.

I've tried all the suggestions here and really like the way a syringe worked for glueing.........except that it leaked all over my desk because someone keeps forgeting to take the pressure off the plunger when he is finshed. :roll:

These fit regular old glue bottles and have the precission of the needle but don't leak when you set the bottle down.

They DO clog up but I keep a regular old sewing stick pin and clear it out. The metal tip doesn't bend and it keeps on putting out a fine line of glue. When I'm finished for the night I leave the pin in the tip and it's good to go the next time.

Hey this works for me............maybe some else will like it. I'll go buy another package and post a picture it so you'll know what you are looking for.

john
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

This is for all the new guys..........you guys who've been cutting and glueing paper for a while already have your techniques down. :D

While trying to figure out a glueing technique I found these new tips at a Craft Store (Michael's). They are originally for putting thick fabric paint on T-shirts and stuff, but they work great on glue bottles.

I've tried all the suggestions here and really like the way a syringe worked for glueing.........except that it leaked all over my desk because someone keeps forgeting to take the pressure off the plunger when he is finshed. :roll:

These fit regular old glue bottles and have the precission of the needle but don't leak when you set the bottle down.

They DO clog up but I keep a regular old sewing stick pin and clear it out. The metal tip doesn't bend and it keeps on putting out a fine line of glue. When I'm finished for the night I leave the pin in the tip and it's good to go the next time.

Hey this works for me............maybe some else will like it. I'll go buy another package and post a picture it so you'll know what you are looking for.

john