New Gal

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Joining a club, something on my to do list, and having a great local hobby store, so I drive 30 minutes to Sattler's, I have come back and am buildingan around the room type with DCC. I had my daughter try out the controls on my 0-8-0. One ring of the bell and she was hooked. Seems she would like to work on scenery....

THATS IT! PEOPLE KEEP RANDOMLY MENTIONING SATTLER'S HOBBY SHOP!

I need to get down there! i can't be to far away.. hes only 45 minutes down route 38 from me!

MilesWestern

O is the next scale my FOOT!

You forgot both S scale and the little-known TT scale!

Shame on you, GEC!

Hello mr. Shame! TT= 1:120, which is smaller than HO, do your research. Research before you begin to type something on this forum, please for the benefit of other people who want to know the correct answers to their questions.

S scale IS a major scale, it's not just American Flyer anymore. Check out these HIGHLY detailed models by S Helper Service, some of the best injection molded plastic models I've ever seen. American Flyer Compatible S scale model trains from the Showcase Line Lots of people do S scale, or this, and a handful of other companies wouldn't have spent millions (NO KIDDING) to tool up and create these S scale trains.

OO scale is 1:76, which I think you might have thought TT was. Anyways, OO is a distinctly british scale, so no worrys there.

Bachmann's On30 offerings are the best route for stuff to match the Dept. 56 buildings in scale. Plus, they're big enough to play with, and sturdy too. Not to mention that they're excellent looking too.

I'd go with E-Z track or equivalent snap-together roadbed track, like Atlas' True Track.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Alright, alright, lets do try to show our new members how civil and well behaved we can be. I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to knock any particular scale.

Here's a little summary of scale and gauge issues fro the National Model Railroad Association NMRA - Scale & Gauge
Perhaps that wil be helpful.

Ralph

Stu McGee

You are right, coming down route 38 to Collingswood/Westmont. Bruce, the owner of Sattler's is on Haddon Ave across from McMillian Bakery. He is an NMRA Dealer, has lots of contacts, including a guy who is going to put dcc and sound in my Zephyr. He will work with you and your family. Send the kids or your significant other in to talk. With luck I get the foam and start the remainder of my benchwork tomorrow. Interestingly the cats approve of DCC operation, they are fascinated by couple clang and wheel squeal. The bell, not so much, The whistle, not at all.