new format

I sure hope you plan on implimenting some change to it or let us customize it for ourselves, this new blue is killing my eyes trying to read the sight now. I have a hard time even looking at the screen and I so do love reading the guage. :confused:

francismaximus

I hate to say it but I don't like the blue. I mean I really panicked when I thought you guys were gone but, like a fickle fool I'm already complaining about the color. Can we do a poll or sumptin?

Bill Pontin

something else is new and unwanted. Half my screen is used up with advertising and menu items. Realy disliking the whole thing.

Tyson Rayles

For the record the color it now is is the color the Gauge always was until the new ownership took over. There was alot of gripes when they changed to the white screen so they made it possible to choose between the two. That probably would be the best thing to do again because if they change the "Big Blue" back to white only they will probably got a bunch of complaints about that also. For the record I have always found the blue background far easier to read, but then that's just me. :)

Will_annand

I for two find the white on blue very relaxing on my eyes.
I can read for many posts without the brightness bothering my eyes.
Thank you for the soft colours.

On the other hand, is there a way to get rid of the useless 2" on the left?

ezdays

Out AZ way
Fear not, there will be the return of the other white background color scheme for those of you that don't like, or are having a hard time with the blue. Peter says that he has to duplicate everything here for each new scheme, and he wanted to be sure all is OK with this one before he does the second one. Just have patience, it is coming, just that it will take some work to achieve.

As far as the 2" in the left, little has been said about it, but my personal opinion is that up to now the only support the Gauge has had was through the generousity of the owner. Yeah, the sidebar does take up space, but it does give you easy tabbing to navigate the site, plus it does contain a few unobtrusive ads that I hope is helping Peter to pay some of the bills here. Giving up 2" of real estate is a little price to pay to have this site here for the asking. It remains the best RR site on the web and I'm willing to give up something to have it stay around. This is strictly my own opinion.;);)

Sir_Prize

I was about to say something about the sidebar, also. Although now that I see the Ads, and realize that things take money... (Nobody wants to do things for just a good thing these days... All praise the profit! Bah!) I understand and except.

As far as the color... I've seen the study that shows this combo is better for, overtime, viewing. BUT I will see if I can spot a link for all to see and affirm. Yet, EZ says the elves will bring the other scheme back for use so... I'll take my time. AND to each his own.

I'm just very happy to be able to type at the friends I've made here. (Group HUG!!!) :eek: :p ;)

jasbourre

PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD LOOK.

I fell sorry for those that do not have cable or better.
This way its averaging about 20 sec. a page.

Cool, thanks Don, I wouldn't want to encrouch on others prefrences, so was hoping for a multi-customizable format for those of use that prefer standard viewing colors.

Actually, this IS the old look. Trust me, if we got rid of this one and kept the other, there'd be far more howling. We've already been down that road, last April. I do plan on bringing back the other style, but not until all the updates/changes/etc are finalized. The thing is that everytime something is changed, we'd have to do it twice, once on each style, so it's so much easier to work things out with one style then when we're to the point that everything going to stay as is, it's not difficult to bring back the second style.

Have y'all had a chance to check out the new gallery and chat?

McFortner said:
I believe Mr. Horse from Ren and Stimpy said it best:

"No sir, don't like it."

Michael
You don't like what? The new gallery? The new chat? The old style? The new style? It helps when you tell me what you're talking about. :confused:

Peter, one of the smilies on the chat shows as a red X and the quick link for it says it's just ("") unlike the others which are like (":)"), it's the third from the right.

jkristia

actually I don't believe this is the old look, It's the old colors, but the posters info used to be on the side, meaning more posts on one page. Now it looks like the have moved it back on top of a post to get space for the new menu bar on the left. Don't like it.

sammyd

score another one for no.
I much prefer the white background.
The big sidebar is a pain as well.
Something across the top or bottom would be much better.

ezdays

Out AZ way
sammyd said:
score another one for no.
I much prefer the white background.
The big sidebar is a pain as well.
Something across the top or bottom would be much better.
There is a poll thread here that you can vote on this if you haven't already. The Gauge management is honestly interested in presenting a forum that is useable and Peter is listening.