New fence for freight yard

ezdays

Out AZ way
Went to Micahel's, asked for "Tulle", (like toolie). "huh? , Oh, you mean Tulle" (like tool). :eek: "come-on, I'll show you." Gads, all colors, all size packages. One bolt, enough to go around the world twice in N scale, $40. I finally found a small package, enough for 20 miles of N fencing for under $5, but it was in "shimmer charcoal" that looks like zinc-coated chain link fence material without touching a paint brush to it. Cool, and I used my 40% off coupon too.....:D

I though you might want to know, just in case I could save someone else the embarrasment of asking for the wrong thing. :rolleyes:

D:cool: N

Pooh Bah
Is that the same stuff that they make wedding veils from? If so, you might get some offcuts from a bridal shop.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Originally posted by 60103
Is that the same stuff that they make wedding veils from? If so, you might get some offcuts from a bridal shop.
It is, and you probably could, but you'd be stuck with whatever color they were using at the time and would probably have to paint it. It cost me $2.99 for 23 miles of fence, and I don't have to touch it, well, maybe a coat of matte medium to take off the glossy look.:) They even had cheaper stuff ($1.99 a roll) in a whole range of colors from white to rusty brown. One other tip, if you don't find what you're looking for, ask, they had it in two different places in the store I went to. I almost settled for a large sheet of white, until the nice lady told me there was more on another counter.

Don