New fence for freight yard

Strthoky

Feb 7, 2003
South East Michigan
hometown.aol.com
After numerous attempts at stealling the precious cargo and several malicious acts of vandalism... the local freight yard decided enough was enough!! The straw that broke the camels back was the last spraying spree that left a few cars noticable tagged with popular gang slogans

graffitti22.JPG

fence22.JPG

fencing11.JPG

curvedfence.JPG

fenceclose1.JPG

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
You go, Dude...that'll teach them dope smokin', droopy drawered, maggot infested, body pierced and tattooed FM rap music types to steer clear of yer railyard. Now ya needs a friendly little Rottweiller named "Jaws" to complete the scene.

Strthoky

Feb 7, 2003
South East Michigan
hometown.aol.com
small styrene rod.. and some stuff called tulle from michaels craft store. my wife bougt it to make some decoratrions for my sisters wedding.. I grabbed the extras figuring I could use it on the layout.. I first used the mesh to support plaster mountains but it was useless for that so I threw most of it out :mad:

now I have to go buy some more:rolleyes:

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Great work with the tulle, Strthoky! That's a very realistic looking fence. And, also, that's an excellent weathering job on that GTW boxcar! (My compliments to the one who tagged it, too, even though I don't condone such acts.)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Good looking fence, good looking car. I gotta ask, what is tulle? It sure looks a lot better than the metal screening mesh that I've been playing around with. I'm assuming that it is some sort of mesh material that is stiff enough to stand up. I just cut a "40% off one item" coupon for Michael's out of yesterday's paper so cost is no object.....:D :D :D :D

D;) N

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
That looks great! The only problem I see with using tulle for your fence is... how will you electrify it!!!:D :D I never though of using tulle for fence in N scale. I have a bunch of it that I use in military modeling for camo nets.

JMD3

Sep 1, 2002
Dallas, Texas
Visit site
Strthoky

Nice fence. I've done some with tulle before and it is great stuff for chain link fencing.

But the car! The weathering on the GTW car looks great. And what did you use for the grafitti, decals?

Jim

JMD3

Sep 1, 2002
Dallas, Texas
Visit site
Gel pen for the graffiti

Cool, I've been using markers for different colored brick. I've never seen a brick wall with all bricks the exact same color. And I have a white fine tip marker for signs, etc. But the gel tip looks real good too.

Thanks

Jim

hemiadda2d

Jun 15, 2003
Cheyenne, WY
www.railimages.com
I was in Airman Leadership School w/ a soon-to-be-recruiter. He was going to Mass, last I checked. Boston?
Anyways, as for razor wire, get reallllllly tiny long springs, something with a tiny wire guage,and stretch 'em out a bit..... Or make your own with .006" brass rod *smaller the better*--wrap the wire around a ~18"-2' scale rod..... Also try Radio Shack for motor wrap wire.... that stuff is TINY!