New Extention 2 My HO Layout

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
LongIslandTom said:
LOL, looks like we have another addict here who needs to join Locoholics Anonymous! sign1

(I'm also a member of L.A.)

BTW Green, you shouldn't have picked up that Acela HHP8, because now you need to find a string of Amfleets in the Acela Regional paint scheme to go with it! aussie tooth1

you are telling my the Phase IVs won't match?

*Atomic explosion*

its ok, i love the electric locmotives. right now i need more GG1s, E60CPs, and that septa unit.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
WOW, looks like you got a ton of stuff. Sorry you couldn't get any trucks or other vehicles. Alot of the time I go to a vehicle booth, I have the same problem, THE GUY HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!! But I do and I guess that helps huh? lol

So how is that HO scale 2007 Walthers catolouge? I want one sooo bad. I also want the N & Z scale one. 2 for the price of 1 this year, YAY.

I got a couple of tank cars from my hobby shop too for my refinery and also the trcuk loading rack and tank car loading rack, but no refinery yet.

My train shows are only about once a year, and my grandpa also takes me and sometimes my grandma tags alone but not all the time. I love going with my grandpa because he likes seeing all the layouts and always walks outa there with something for his layout. He likes the steam era.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
The only thing I did yesterday as far as the cement plant goes is adding a weathered 53' container to the yard.

Did alot on other parts of the layout though, see my other threads.

Attachments

• DSC02807.JPG
    DSC02807.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 67

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
TruckLover said:
WOW, looks like you got a ton of stuff. Sorry you couldn't get any trucks or other vehicles. Alot of the time I go to a vehicle booth, I have the same problem, THE GUY HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!! But I do and I guess that helps huh? lol

one hobby shop guy was trying to sell me a Blue Box PRR DD40. he went into this very very detailed and vivid story of them battling up pennsylvania's moutains. That entire time, i was well aware that UP was the only one to use these locomotives, and that they had the wide cabs. I didn't want to say something dumb, so i just let him go on until another modeler in the store couldn't take it and started explaining the whole deal.

So how is that HO scale 2007 Walthers catolouge? I want one sooo bad. I also want the N & Z scale one. 2 for the price of 1 this year, YAY.

its alright, but since Athearn is no longer in it, I don't think its as good. it also makes you want thing you don't need/can't afford, which is bad. It comes with som cool decals to. its probably worth it, but i won't pay for these things. Thats why i got it for free.

I got a couple of tank cars from my hobby shop too for my refinery and also the trcuk loading rack and tank car loading rack, but no refinery yet.

how many tank car loading racks did you get? I have 2 connected to eachother. one by itself is just enough for 2 cars. they really should sell them in a larger kit. Its also interesting to see my tank cars filling up all the slots at my loading racks now that i have enough.

My train shows are only about once a year, and my grandpa also takes me and sometimes my grandma tags alone but not all the time. I love going with my grandpa because he likes seeing all the layouts and always walks outa there with something for his layout. He likes the steam era.

well there is a Greenberg's trainshow in delmar next weekend, and another on the 6th and 7th of January in Anaheim.

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Just to let you all know...for those of you (myself included) with ADD - Aquiring Diesel Desire - (Also called Locomotus Additivia in some professional journals) you can and should carry a card alerting your LHS retailer of your condition and your need for immediate help selecting a new diesel. It's only fair to both you and the shop owner...you need to let him help you! Remember, first admit you have a problem aquiring too many diesels (or any train item for that matter) and then decide on the best course of action to reinforce your behavior. Justification and rationalization are your tickets to success. True, there is little research going on to find a cure. No telethons, no colored ribbons, no wrist bands...therefore we must take up the cause and offer to help others suffering with ADD. For my part, if you're in need of a good reason why you should add yet another engine purchase to your vast stable of power - let me know and I'll think up a great reason and give it to you for free. No strings attached. Just trying to help 'cause I'm afflicted with it too...and like you, I'm not searching very hard for a cure. :thumb:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
green_elite_cab said:
one hobby shop guy was trying to sell me a Blue Box PRR DD40. he went into this very very detailed and vivid story of them battling up pennsylvania's moutains. That entire time, i was well aware that UP was the only one to use these locomotives, and that they had the wide cabs. I didn't want to say something dumb, so i just let him go on until another modeler in the store couldn't take it and started explaining the whole deal.
LOL, glad to hear someone showed him up sign1

green_elite_cab said:
its alright, but since Athearn is no longer in it, I don't think its as good. it also makes you want thing you don't need/can't afford, which is bad. It comes with som cool decals to. its probably worth it, but i won't pay for these things. Thats why i got it for free.

I just like to have em' because I don't have the internet on my computer because we don't have a router yet and mine is upstairs and my mom is always on the computer. When I need to look up something, the Walthers book usally has it in it unless it is Athearn

green_elite_cab said:
how many tank car loading racks did you get? I have 2 connected to eachother. one by itself is just enough for 2 cars. they really should sell them in a larger kit. Its also interesting to see my tank cars filling up all the slots at my loading racks now that i have enough.

I also got 2 loading racks and will put them together to make it longer.

green_elite_cab said:
well there is a Greenberg's trainshow in delmar next weekend, and another on the 6th and 7th of January in Anaheim.

OOOOO, thanks for the info. I'll tell my grandpa about them. I don't think I'll be able to go to the one in delmar though because he is sooo busy with his business cause it's christmas time.