TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Thanks Steven.:D :D :D

Nazgul said:
Josh
lookin' really great!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
I can't believe you've had any time to work on this with all the other projects you have going on (each of them are top notch!)...oh yeah.......
Josh, how do I submit a christmas list to "GRANDMA"?:D

Stevesign1 , Im affraid that grandma is all taken for christmas gifts this year, mine being 75% of her budget for 3 kids.

BTW, thanks for the compliments.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Ok, here are some uodated pics of the cement plant.

The first one I did for Ralph. The track that leeds up to the top right corner is for the MagicPan Backeries complex. There will be a #4 left switch right after the crossing.

Second pic is of part of the yard for the cement plant. This is were all the cement trucks will park.

Third pic is of the tracks ballasted with the freight cars on there sidings.

Forth pic is of the same area, just minus the boxcars and ballast hoppers so that the track is visable and you can see the track ballast. That small building in the back is a bagging building for powdered cement and were they are shipped out in boxcars. The building still has to be painted white to match the rest of the complex.

O and I am still working on more details for the cement plant too from the photos.

Attachments

• DSC02775.JPG
    DSC02775.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC02773.JPG
    DSC02773.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC02774.JPG
    DSC02774.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC02778.JPG
    DSC02778.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 72

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
oh man, i feel dumb, and i wish i had a camera.

there is one place i knew of that looked kinda like the ADM building that handled covered hoppers. I passed it yesterday on the way to my family's. for some reason i can't remember the name (agate, or something like that) but it always has strings of covered hoppers out front, and it definitely is a gravel and rock asphgault/cement type of thing.

when google earth starts working again, i'll send you an overhead picture. It doesn't get any open hoppers i'm aware of (you don't want your rocks and things getting wet, it adds weight to the train, which is why you don't see to many open hoppers in cement places). but it defintely is cool. I might get a picture after christmas when i head that way again. ( knowing the traffic patterns, I'll end up detouring that way again if there is heavy traffic on the New Jersey Turnpike)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Some Updates

Ok, here are some updates on what I did yesterday.

1. Picture of the overall area I layed gravel for the yard. (idk what that white dot is, it isn't there on the layout and I don't know were it came from?)

2. Picture showing the conveyor extention to the floor. In one of the pictures of the prototype I posted earlyer in the thread, there was a loader that funneled over the top of the conveyor, that is what I am building next + the ramp to the loader surrounded with concrete walls. The conveyor and sand bunkers have been glued down.

3. Picture showing the place of the sub-station that is now glued down. Still have to enclose the place in chain-link fence too + the cement plant needs the chain-link around it too.

4. Picture showing a crossing that I made out of some scrap wood that I had. (the freight cars roll through it no problem if you are wondering?)

5. Picture showing that the gravel has been glued down up to the buildings and the buildings have now been glued down. I also added a tank to the side of the cement plant (used to be a junky tank car) Also added the yard office for the plant. I am still not done adding small details to the buildings like piping, small machinery and ladders/railings.

Attachments

• DSC02779.JPG
    DSC02779.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC02780.JPG
    DSC02780.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC02781.JPG
    DSC02781.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC02784.JPG
    DSC02784.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC02787.JPG
    DSC02787.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 63

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
1. Picture showing a truck going over the newly installed crossing. Notice the scrap load.

2. Another shot of the truck going over the crossing.

3. Took the last 2 this morning when I added some dumpsters around the office. I added a big roll-off loaded with trash and scraps and 3 small dumpsters with closed lids. I also added another dumpster right outside the cement truck loading shed (upper left next to the red cement truck).

4. Shot up-close to the roll-off.

Attachments

• DSC02792.JPG
    DSC02792.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC02788.JPG
    DSC02788.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC02793.JPG
    DSC02793.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC02794.JPG
    DSC02794.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 71

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Here are 2 more pictures I will be using to further detail the plant. These two my grandpa took while at his woodworking class. He said that this was right across the street so he walked over and snapped these two pics for me:D :D :D

Attachments

• Concrete_Plant_001.jpg
    Concrete_Plant_001.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Concrete_Plant_002.jpg
    Concrete_Plant_002.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 52

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
TruckLover said:
Cool thanks G.E.C. I would like that:) :D :thumb: :D

What happened to Google Earth?

google earth is refusing to load. its a bigger complex than what you have though. you'd need to see a picture for it to be accurately described, but i'm sure it could inspire different details if i can get a picture. maybe i'll be lucky and i'll find one on the internet.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
This is really taking shape nicely, Josh. That sub-station is a seldom modelled feature of large industries and all of the mini-scenes within the overall area add nicely to the total effect. Love those dumpsters, too!:thumb:

Wayne

NSES44DC

Jun 24, 2006
Amherst Ohio
Josh, I havent been on in a while but it looks like you are kickin butt with your layout! Keep Up the good work bud! Its looking fantastic already!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
green_elite_cab said:
OMG! WASTE MANAGEMENT ROLL OFF THING! I NEED THAT, lol.

I got them off e-bay from some guy who called himself dirtman04, turns out he really was a dirtman if you know what I mean!! After several purchases and they were all paid for on time,he sent them to me and I got them all good and dandy so I decided to place bids on most of his auctions because I needed alot of those dumpsters + he had some roll-off's with dumpsters (some were bobtails and some had trailers).

Well I won alot of them and there was alot of other people who won auctions from him too. Mine totaled $113.00 if I remember corectly and it was my grandma's christmas present a couple years ago (this was when she didn't realize how much this hobby was and only gave me about a hundred dollars to spend which was still great since I was just getting into the hobby). We sent him a check and never heard from him again, he cashed it and took the money before we could do anything about it, what a :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:. We tried everything, my mom even called the police were the guy lived, address and phone # and they didn't do squat, and I found out from his negative feedback that he screwed at least 10 other people over too. Ok enough of me rambling on about bad e-bay expeirences.

Here are some links to some roll-off's that you could get and make some Waste Management decals for or maybe find someone who makes them.

http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/650-2477
http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/781-66502
http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/185-301712
http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/781-67239
http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3516
http://www.calfreight.net/page37.html (click picrure of dumpster to view how to detail them)

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
doctorwayne said:
This is really taking shape nicely, Josh. That sub-station is a seldom modelled feature of large industries and all of the mini-scenes within the overall area add nicely to the total effect. Love those dumpsters, too!:thumb:

Thanks sooo much Wayne and Jeff for the nice compliments, I thought that would be a good place for the sub-station and since I already had it, I figured I would include it into the scence.:thumb: :D :thumb: :D

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
More Updates from Yesterday

Not much at all but I did get something done. I managed to build and finish the conveyor loader and the ramp leading up to it. I also continued work on some more road by the mainline. O and got the rest of the trackbed for mainline layed and added a she to the gravel company for hoppers when loading.. Here are some pics:

1. Picture of the prototype I used to build the loader.

2. Picture of the prototype I used to build the loader.

3. Overview of the loader.

4. Directly overhead.

5. Shot showing the ramp up to the loader (Guess I need to fix those handrails lol)

Attachments

• Conveyor.jpg
    Conveyor.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Conveyor2.jpg
    Conveyor2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC02797.JPG
    DSC02797.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC02799.JPG
    DSC02799.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC02798.JPG
    DSC02798.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 87

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
1. Picture showing the extention of the road I added. Road will continue up and past the truck to the backround building back there and will also continue to the lower left.

2. Picture showing the shed I added with a pipe coming out and into the building. Still needs to be painted and weathered to match building.

Attachments

• DSC02796.JPG
    DSC02796.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC02800.JPG
    DSC02800.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 116

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
TruckLover said:
I got them off e-bay from some guy who called himself dirtman04, turns out he really was a dirtman if you know what I mean!! After several purchases and they were all paid for on time,he sent them to me and I got them all good and dandy so I decided to place bids on most of his auctions because I needed alot of those dumpsters + he had some roll-off's with dumpsters (some were bobtails and some had trailers).

Well I won alot of them and there was alot of other people who won auctions from him too. Mine totaled $113.00 if I remember corectly and it was my grandma's christmas present a couple years ago (this was when she didn't realize how much this hobby was and only gave me about a hundred dollars to spend which was still great since I was just getting into the hobby). We sent him a check and never heard from him again, he cashed it and took the money before we could do anything about it, what a :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:. We tried everything, my mom even called the police were the guy lived, address and phone # and they didn't do squat, and I found out from his negative feedback that he screwed at least 10 other people over too. Ok enough of me rambling on about bad e-bay expeirences.

Here are some links to some roll-off's that you could get and make some Waste Management decals for or maybe find someone who makes them.

http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/650-2477
http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/781-66502
http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/185-301712
http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/781-67239
http://walthers.com/exec/productinfo/933-3516
http://www.calfreight.net/page37.html (click picrure of dumpster to view how to detail them)

yeah, always check ebay peoples, and make sure they are legitimate.

lol, i'm having a D'oh moment. I went to my trainshow, planning on getting a few vehicles, finding a Staten Island Alco, and getting a GP40-2 or#8 in Conrail/NS. Instead, i Found out that apperently i also model Amtrak at some point. Come to think of it, It has to be a coincidence. I ended up with:
  • 2 new AEM-7 locomotives, in Phase III and Phase IV Northeast Direct (Grand total of 3 AEM-7s, so now i can double haead matching phase IIIs, and i'll need a Septa one soon. Its almost 4 if you count my NJ transit ALP-44 which is almost the same thing)
  • a RARE Septa horizon coach and a cab car. Walthers no longer licenses SEPTA, so these are a rare find. I probably payed probably payed to much for them although chances are i won't find them again, while i am confident i'll see another SEPTA AEM-7.
  • 3 Phase IV Amfleet IIs,
  • a Phase III Amfleet II,
  • a Phase III Material Handling car with post office emblem,
  • Acela express locomotives
  • HHP-8 Acela
  • Platinum line Conrail International Bay window caboose
  • a pair of 23,000 gallon tank cars (UTLX 100 years and Kerr McGee.)
I did look at a few vehicles, but at that point i had already bought all the previous stuff, and the one guy had given me a free Walthers 2007 catalog, which despite my extreme strength, was in fact cutting off circulation to my arms. to make matter worse, i lost my grandpa, so i couldn't leave. I didn't find what i was looking for, and while there was a whole booth of vehicles, the guy was clearly one of those people who doesn't know to much other than the truck's scale, and how to use the cash register (AKA completely useless in finding what i want) At that point i was almost broke as well ( i may have ended up with another Amtrak AMD103 Northeast Corridor locomotive, or that GP40-2 i was looking at). but i was short a few bucks.

Oh well, maybe next time!

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
LOL, looks like we have another addict here who needs to join Locoholics Anonymous! sign1

(I'm also a member of L.A.)

BTW Green, you shouldn't have picked up that Acela HHP8, because now you need to find a string of Amfleets in the Acela Regional paint scheme to go with it! aussie tooth1