New Digital Camera!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Nice, big pictures Andy!
I have the older Sony Mavica FD73...
They're so simple to use...a big plus for a "techno-flunky" like me! :D
Look forward to see more of your modeling! :)

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
cameras

This is a little off course, but I got a Kodak DX3700 with a dock. I have no trouble taking pictures, but when I download, I can't do anything with them. I have a reader, and have sent pictures of my layout and engines and such. I hate to take that expensive postage stamp out to send pictures.

If anyone has camera like this contact canfield@cox-internet.com so I can start posting pictures here.

Thanks
Lynn

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Andy, Great pictures....know that you are gonna enjoy the new camera....I have the Sony MCV FD 75....another great one for the "photographically challanged":D

Lynn....Is it your pictures wont post here or is it you cant do anything with them at all? Check the format after they are acquired from the camera to your computer. Has to be JPG, JPEG, PNG or GIF to post here....The software that came with the camera should be able to convert them if they are not the correct format.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Andy, nice photo's, looks like your going to take lots of pretty pics now.
Shamus
wink.gif

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
Andy....Congrats on your new camera! You'll have a blast with it, digital cameras are the finest for instant photographic gratification!! LOL And if you take a bad shot you know right away and can just retake it!!

Yellowlynn..hang in there, you need to learn how to download the files off the camera, organize them on your hard drive and how to use the various softwares to resize and edit your photos. I like to use the flashcard reader and just drag and drop them off that drive into the photo folder I have set up on my hard drive. It can be intimidating at first if your not familiar with files and folders, but once you learn how it's awesome and you will take a ton of photos!!

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Yellowlyn,
I use the same Kodak camera,(without dock), and I use the Kodak software to transfer the photos to the PC, and "trim", and adjust "brightness and contrast". Kodak software stores these pics in the "kodak picture" folder.
I then use Corel Photo-Paint 7, to crop, tweak, and "airbrush the flaws", and then "resample" to 600 pixel by XXX pixel,( if you only select one, H, or W, the other adjusts automaticly) , and "save as" .jpg, to the A: drive, which is where I post them from.
My hard drive still has the original, unmodified photos in the Kodak picture folder.
Pete

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
Sumpter..isn't your A drive a floppy drive? Maybe not, but thats the norm.

I usually make a folder with a date for my original photo files and a subfolder to that named 'small' to save altered photo files to so as not to overwrite the original photo files. I just add a 'sm' to the original file name.

I use "windows explorer" to make folders and move files around from flashcard to dated folders.

Of course there are 6 different ways to do the same thing, and the descriptive language of how to do things often gets in the way.

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
camera

Vic, ImaTBGF, and sumpter, the three of you hel;ped me work it out. I may not be stupid, but I got a lot of ignoprance on a lot of things. The answer was simple, it goes to the hard drive and all I had to do was go to C drive, and WOW, there they were. As soon as I get over my ecstatic delight I'll see about doing some posting, and not at the PO.

Thanks everybody
Lynn