New Comer Info

granpa

Dec 19, 2006
Rio Vista, CA.
Hello to all,..

I thought I would inroduce myself.

First off, I just ran across your site on the internet and thought I would give it a try. Please excuse me until I get a better feel navigating around. I'll indeed have a lot of questions.

It has been a very long time since I was able to get into model trains and now that I am retired, you'll probaly see me here quite often. From a family that ALWAYS had Lionel and various HO sets, it's my time to carry on the traditon for my grand-children.

My quest,..... I grew up in Western Pennslyvania in Fayette and Allegheny Counties. Therefore, I intend to create the old action of the Mon-Valley. Steel Mills, Slag Dumps and of course the coal trains heading for Pittsburgh. From the US Steel building, Homestead Works, J&L Steel to the coal mines. I will need some minature people to represent all of my past relatives.

So,.. Get out the smoke,.. Granpa is going to show the kids the way it was.

Respectfully,

Granpa :wave:

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Welcome to the Gauge. You'll find a lot of friendly helpful people here. Right off, if you need a lot of people for your layout (aka-LPB's here on the Gauge), Preiser sells undecorated sets with probably about 120 people per set for around $20.00. It may be higher now, I paid $20.00 10 years ago. When you see the price of prepainted figures, you'll realise the savings you can have by painting your own.

granpa

Dec 19, 2006
Rio Vista, CA.
Thank you Gents,.. I will be checking in as I read more as to the way I should start my lay-outs and all the appropiate little toys I can get myself in trouble with,..

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
a lot of people here are really experienced and know what they are doing, i am also a new comer (although im a lot younger; 18) lol..
I am just barely dipping into HO now..