New Coal Car for the MF&W

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Here's a new Coal Car I built from a caboose... Why?? Because I didn't need a Caboose, but the LPB's were getting upset because they had to keep coming back for more coal.. :) :)
First: Heres the caboose. I had to cut it down to a respectable length, by cutting a 2" section out of the middle.

Attachments

• caboose001.jpg
    caboose001.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 73
  • caboose001.jpg
    caboose001.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 73

N Gauger

Notice how much shorter it is now.

Attachments

• coal 010.jpg
    coal 010.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 73
  • coal 010.jpg
    coal 010.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 71

N Gauger

and after painting, lettering and pinstriping: The finished product.

With the Demolition Expert looking on. (See other thread) :)

Attachments

• coalcat015.jpg
    coalcat015.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 71
  • coalcat015.jpg
    coalcat015.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 71

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
What desecration of such a neat little caboose. Obviously there were no heritage preservers in the LPB gang. I know you wanted to transport coal but dang me, did you have to pick the caboose to destroy.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

N Gauger

Originally posted by Matthyro
What desecration of such a neat little caboose. Obviously there were no heritage preservers in the LPB gang. I know you wanted to transport coal but dang me, did you have to pick the caboose to destroy.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know... It was a tough decision, but we had 3 cabeese & only 2 trains.. :( So we had to take it down. If it's any consolation, We will be recycling the "Body" for future use :) :)

Office space ? Perhaps? :)

jon-monon

Looks good, Mikey, glad King Kitty approves of your work. I'll bet with the expense of larger scale rollin' stock, it's easier to wack a caboose to avaid paying for a new tender. Sometimes I wack an HO scale caboose just for giggles.

N Gauger

Originally posted by jon-monon
Looks good, Mikey, glad King Kitty approves of your work. I'll bet with the expense of larger scale rollin' stock, it's easier to wack a caboose to avaid paying for a new tender. Sometimes I wack an HO scale caboose just for giggles.

Awwww jon -- ya found me out. :) The capital gains of the MF&W RR arent what they used to be :(

It was cheaper to wack the caboose by about 90% Savings :) :) :) Doing it "In House" is always cheaper.

Thanks!! :) :)

spitfire

Nice work!

Nice job Mikey - that coal car looks really good. But since when did you start listening to the LPBs? You shoulda made them carry that coal, shovel by shovel!

cheers
Val

N Gauger

Re: Nice work!

Originally posted by spitfire
Nice job Mikey - that coal car looks really good. But since when did you start listening to the LPBs? You shoulda made them carry that coal, shovel by shovel!

cheers
Val

ROFL.. They took too long, I even threatened them with the soldering iron. :) :) :)

Clerk

Nice Job anyway.

I have a N scale caboose just like that. I am not using it so you gave me an idea.

jon-monon

Re: Nice work!

Originally posted by spitfire

cheers
Val

Right on Val!

N Gauger

Originally posted by Clerk
Nice Job anyway.

I have a N scale caboose just like that. I am not using it so you gave me an idea.

Sounds good man.. :) :) Post the pics when it's done :)

Thanks!!