New challenge for brave designers

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by hpept, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

As for the Frecce Tricolori, I would love to have a model of their G-91. Having spent time at Aviano AB, Italy I got to know the team well. They would often "practice" over the airfield. In one of their shows on base, I had gone out to the area just off the active to get some shots of their show. I was sitting in the middle of the open open area between the active and taxiway when one of their coordinators came over and mentioned I might want to move closer to the taxiway. I didn't understand why, but decided he knew better and I moved. A few minutes later, they did their signature manouver of all nine aircraft going vertical at the center point, looping over and passing over the center point at as close to the same time as possible at different altitudes. The lowest aircraft was flying no more than two meters off the ground and passed almost right over where I had been moments before.

Great team. Before I left Italy, I was presented with what's pictured here.
  2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

As for the Frecce Tricolori, I would love to have a model of their G-91. Having spent time at Aviano AB, Italy I got to know the team well. They would often "practice" over the airfield. In one of their shows on base, I had gone out to the area just off the active to get some shots of their show. I was sitting in the middle of the open open area between the active and taxiway when one of their coordinators came over and mentioned I might want to move closer to the taxiway. I didn't understand why, but decided he knew better and I moved. A few minutes later, they did their signature manouver of all nine aircraft going vertical at the center point, looping over and passing over the center point at as close to the same time as possible at different altitudes. The lowest aircraft was flying no more than two meters off the ground and passed almost right over where I had been moments before.

Great team. Before I left Italy, I was presented with what's pictured here.

Attached Files:

3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I agree Ash, I love that little Italian plane.............. maybe one day!

Michi............ I wasn't trying to put a deadline on ya......... but I thought this was too much of a coincidence not to at least "spill the beans" a little........ looks like we just might think the same way!

Yeah.......... I'm thinking Rick will want a Tudor too............ if the 100 don't make him tear out his hair!

Designing and re-coloring is fun............ in an insain kinda way!:p
  4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I agree Ash, I love that little Italian plane.............. maybe one day!

Michi............ I wasn't trying to put a deadline on ya......... but I thought this was too much of a coincidence not to at least "spill the beans" a little........ looks like we just might think the same way!

Yeah.......... I'm thinking Rick will want a Tudor too............ if the 100 don't make him tear out his hair!

Designing and re-coloring is fun............ in an insain kinda way!:p
  5. 46rob

46rob Member

Steve--I did a few Blue Angels models for FG a while back--you could have BA Hellcats, Bearcats, Panthers, Cougars, Phantoms or Skyhawks. For most of them--I did all the different tails. the Thunderbirds F-100 is also one of mine. I never submitted the complete series--(One through Five) though. The T-33 cdrom I sold last year had a bunch of flight demo paint jobs done by Rick, Guido, and Michi.. With a litlle searching--you can find all kinds of flight demonstration team models in card. Simple ones like FG would probably be better for a formation--I know i'd get burnt out building too many of the same plane. the less complex the better.
  6. 46rob

46rob Member

Steve--I did a few Blue Angels models for FG a while back--you could have BA Hellcats, Bearcats, Panthers, Cougars, Phantoms or Skyhawks. For most of them--I did all the different tails. the Thunderbirds F-100 is also one of mine. I never submitted the complete series--(One through Five) though. The T-33 cdrom I sold last year had a bunch of flight demo paint jobs done by Rick, Guido, and Michi.. With a litlle searching--you can find all kinds of flight demonstration team models in card. Simple ones like FG would probably be better for a formation--I know i'd get burnt out building too many of the same plane. the less complex the better.