new cars

soat204

Oct 25, 2006
Iowa
ok, well, Ive been snoopin around, but I still cant seem to find the right prices im willing to spend. I know it doesnt come cheap, but is there something I can do or look for that might help? Is anyone selling on here?:) thank ya

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
Check the Buy, Sell, Trade forum.. Plenty of listings there.

Also, you can hunt around for deals on the Internet too... Places like Trainland/Trainworld, MB Klein, etc. sometimes have great deals.

Hope this helps.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
I know that you're asking about new cars, but check out the used selection at your LHS. You'd be surprised by what you can sometimes find there, and the prices are usually pretty reasonable.

Wayne

ed acosta

Aug 4, 2005
Washington-British Columbia
You should not have to pay more for something you don't need. Do you have an idea of what kind of detailing you would like on the cars you are anticipating purchasing?

Check around to find out when the next model train show and swap meet will be held near your home. You will find many running layouts and 'experts' who can tell you about the equipment you should look for. Then, look around the swap meet area to find what appeals to you. Used items vary from 'like new' to down-right falling apart and yet the 'asking price' seems to overlap. I have had great luck buying Athearn 'blue-box' and the older 'yellow box' kits for about $3 to $6 in 'new' condition. Other cars with more detail will cost a lot more, but it all depends on what you might be able to negotiate. Many dealers also show up at the swap meets with brand-new kits still in sealed packages. Dealers are not usually willing to 'deal.'

-Ed Acosta