New Camera

absnut

Shamus told me to post a picture using my new FujiFilm 2800Zoom digital so, here goes. My scenery challenged layout has been neglected for some time so, after a little tidying up, here's a snap of the roundhouse area.

Dick

Attachments

• layout16m.jpg
    layout16m.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 88

davidstrains

You are going to keep your little plastic people moving with that bunch of power all needing a going over. Good looking facility area.

show us more!!!:)

absnut

Thanks, fellas, there are six more inside the RH and a couple on the road. It's amazing (sinful perhaps) the number of locos one can collect from 1967 to date, especially when one can't sell, give away, or throw away anything! The locos are idle because the L.P.P.U. (Little Plastic People's Union) won't allow any work to be done on Sunday. Over the next few months I will gradually replace the steam with diesels and then start over again. It's always the late 40's-mid-50's on the layout althoug, if one were to look closely, an occasional anachronism shows.

Dick

RI541

How do you like the camera? I've got the same one but fail to find the time to see its full potential. I know it takes a good close up for HO. I haven't done anything with my own N-scale.

Time......Where does it go??????

absnut

Shane,

I love the cmera and, like you, have not used it to its fullest. My youngest boy bought me a Fuji three years ago because he thought I should give up film and join the modern world! Well, needless to say, I developed a taste for digital photography and decided this year that santa should bring me another, better one. It takes fantastic close-ups. Next, I've got to try the video feature.

Dick

RI541

I tried the video and it played back great on the LCD. I haven't tried to put it up on the puter yet.

Time..Waits for no man

absnut

Shane,

The only time I tried the video was indoors and there didn't seem to be enough light. I'll try it outdoors next.

Dick

RI541

another question for you :

what scale you running? the last pic looks like N scale

where abouts in Maine you from?

Ever been to the Spingfield Mass train show?

Ok thats three questions sorry:) :)

absnut

Shane,

Yes, it's N scale. I live in Sanford. I've only been to the Springfield show once, several years ago. I'm considering trying to get to the next one because Marty McGuirk says he's going to try to have IM's new FT's in B&M dress for the show. Weather, of course, will be a big factor. As you can see in one of the photos, I have a pair of MT's FT's (inNYC). I hope to get these painted in maroon and gold soon.

Dick

RI541

Me and the wife go every year, Most of the layouts are the same but its my annual shopping spree. It'll be a small spree this year since I've been out of work since Febuary with back problems. But I had surgery and hopefully will be going to back to work soon.

Didn't LL come out with an E8 in the maroon scheme?

absnut

I don't remember seeing a LL E8 in maroon, but they did release an E7, I think in two numbers I bought one but I still have several Concor E7's that work perfectly fine. I had troubles with the LL front coupler so wasn't overly impressed with it. I have several LL locos which I like very much..... I probably shouldn't be too harsh with the E7.

RI541

I've got 4 of the LL E8 in Rock Island Rocket scheme. That front coupler does leave something to be desired. They work good with each other and Intermountian couplers. But you cant unlock them like the MT's.

absnut

I think, if I heard and remember correctly, the E8 coupler pocket was different from that on the E7, making it more "usable". There's an extremely small pin holding the coupler on the E7 and it was forever falling out. All the front couplers on my other LL cab units work quite well and will mate with all types of knuckle couplers but, as you say, will not automatically uncouple. These include the E6, FMC, and FA1.

spitfire

Just catching up on this thread. Don't know how I missed it. Great modelling absnut and very nice photography. Isn't digital great?!!

cheers
:D Val

absnut

Yes, Val, it is great. Being an old "traditional" film photograher, I never believed I would actually like counting pixels over looking at grain! :D And, thanks for the compliments.:)

Dick