New C&EI photos

TR-Flyer

Hi:
Those are some nice looking units. I just finished a C & EI boxcar with a "Buy More War Bonds" billboard. Looking to do more. Didn't know the diesel engines were so colorful, had only seen pictures of steamers. May have to do a diesel.
Regards,
Ted

trainworm

Most of their passenger locos did start out colorful. the E7's, RS1's, FP7's, BL1's, and F3's all came delivered in the orange and dark blue scheme. after a while, they were all changed to dark blue with gold lettering. the RS1's were changed to black with white stripes and lettering, the same as all their other freight locos.

go to http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/cei/cei.html for a bunch of good C&EI photos.

TR-Flyer

Thanks Trainworm:
Bookmarked the page for future reference. Just getting started on converting existing stock and gathering new for the C&EI. Also doing the same for the C&IM and N&W. I'm related to folks that worked for those three lines. Thought it'd be neat to connect the three of them together in my railroad operations. That'd get me scenery from the appalacians to the corn fields of Illinois. Currently just running trains on a club modular layout.

Look forward to seeing more of your modeling.

Regards,
Ted

Gary Pfeil

Trainworm, Nice looking units, I had never seen C&EI units before. What really caught my eye is that coaling tower! That is extremely nice! With all those 2-8-2 and 4-6-2 hanging around, that will be an impressive scene. Like to see photos of that when finished.

Gary

marty w.

Great pic's. Cool web site.
I just started to make a web site using 20m.com. Can't beat the price "Free", but you have to put up with the pop-ups.
Marty