New Battlestar Galactica download

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by cgutzmer, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

On behalf of the "BG creating maniacs", You're welcome!!

Although it's "BSG". :) :) I'm not a geek! Not a geek at all. LOL
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

A few more BSG models available!
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

6. Master-Bruce

Thanks very much Chris. Speedy response as always. :)
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

9. Master-Bruce

What?!!! You mean I'm no longer going to be the only one with one of these?!! It was nice while it lasted. :)

I'm sure people will love these models, I am. The question is, Does anyone have the b#*ls AND the room to build and display all 6 of the three footers?? LOL
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Its very tempting. I am considering building a fleet of these and hanging them from the rafters in my shop iin the basement. Have to build an attacking fleet of cylons as well......
    Chris
    p.s. I should mention at the speed I build it will be a while since I am just starting a halinksi tank..... ;)
  11. Master-Bruce

Well if you do build all of the ships. I vow to design a Cylon Resurrection Ship to accompany the attacking Cylons!

I'm already looking for reference for it. Including contacting the guy who actually designed it. :)

Sound good?
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I dont even know what one looks like :) To be honest I havent watched any of the new series. Loved it when the original was on but I dont remember it that well. If I may make a sugestion.....

In each of the downloads already available add a comment as to what the ships purpose was. If you can suppy other cool info like statisitics that would be really great! maybe even attach an image of the built model (if one exists) and/or an image of the net of the actual ship. I think that would really get people interested in them.

As we can see from the number of downloads they are pretty popular ships to download :)
    Chris
  13. Master-Bruce

Here's a pic of the Resurrection ship, it's the ship the "human" Cylons use to download into a new body when the old one has been killed or critically injured. It follows the Cylons fleet, usually protected by 3 Basestars. Very spooky looking ship. Spooky, but cool!
    Resurrection_Ship.jpg

I can send you renders of the meshes we used to create the models?? I have some off the internet too. How would I upload them to each model? Or should I just send them to you with the accompanying ship title?

Stats aren't always easy to come by as that data hasn't been released or mentioned in the script of the shows. I'll see what I can dig up.
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

On each download page there is a section for images. Click browse and add the image! it will add a thumbnail to the file and I think it even put that image on one level up to show the model but I am not sure - i dont think anyone has ever done it......

That is a cool ship! Looks pretty repetive o build though ;) but if you built the insides out of paper and made the hull out of clear plastic (ugh I said it) ;) you cold light it up with LED's :)
    Chris
  15. Master-Bruce

You could. Though to simplify it. I was going to creat textures to try and replicate that clear hull so that it could be done out of card. Staying true to the term "cardmodel" too:)

I'll try that regarding the image uploads.
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

For a purist I agree - i typically shy away from anything but bits of wire for models that call for them. Windows are an exception for most people too - until they come out with clear paper :)
    Chris

*edit* let me know when you have uploaded an image and where so I can check it out!
  17. Master-Bruce

"On each download page there is a section for images. Click browse and add the image!"

I see the section on the download page but no "browse" button. Maybe this is a mod facility? Should I just send them to you? I've done a series of renders for each model we've done so far.

Defend.jpg

Like this one. :)
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thats a link directly to the attachment - what model did you attach it too? :)
    Chris
  19. Master-Bruce

Take a look now. :) I'll crop off the excess background.
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well damn I dont see why you cant. I dont see any setting specifically for mods or admins in regards to that. I have allow images checked and thats all I see...... Feel free to email to me and I will attach them - you know how to find me! Just make it painfully obvious what model the image should be attached too...... I will look into why you cant...
    Chris
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.