New and Excited!

Tintellaar

Jan 13, 2011
Springfield, IL
Hello,

I got into papercraft about a year ago... I have been so exicted by what I see out there... I have about 6 models now.... Just finished one - APC from Aliens done by, hmmm, I will get his name and link for you, but it was a very complicated model... took me over 100 hours, I will post pics of it... Then I found what must the guru of paper models, uhu02... I have been on the net for over two hours trying to find out how to get access to his models... Read a blurb on here says I gotta earn it... So here I am... :) Gonna get reading and, hey, how do you translate the language on his site? I have been a Silent Running fan since I saw it some 20 years ago..., I was like 23... Been a Sci Fi NUT forever... Oh, I have a Duey model... I will post a pic of that too... I like to modify my models... on duey I added a door and put circuitry behind it from another paper model... I am getting better and better now... and really enjoying the challenges... I think papercraft is actually better than plastic, with the papercraft I can add and modify to make it better :)

All for now, hope to hear from you all soon...

Karl

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
Welcome aboard and glad that you found something that peaks your interest. I also have done a few of the ALIENS projects and they are time consuming as well as intricate. They are enjoyable and Jan is a fantastic designer. As soon as you are able, post some photos of your works. Enjoy and see you around the forums.

Tintellaar

Jan 13, 2011
Springfield, IL
some of my work... (finally)

moz-screenshot-4.png
moz-screenshot-5.png
let me know your thoughts...

Attachments

• IMG_0677-2.jpg
    IMG_0677-2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0679-2.jpg
    IMG_0679-2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0681-2.jpg
    IMG_0681-2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0691-2.jpg
    IMG_0691-2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0758-2.jpg
    IMG_0758-2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0760-2.jpg
    IMG_0760-2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 6

Tintellaar

Jan 13, 2011
Springfield, IL
Thoughts, opinions, comments?

I would really like to hear your all thoughts, ways I could improve... I know when I did the NOMAD model, the really little pieces really kicked my ***.

I did some in regular printer paper, helped a little, but then they are very fragile...

Please, any help?