New (abandoned) Warehouse

TexDoc

Aug 20, 2006
Corpus Christi, TX
What a weekend! Plans included cleaning out the garage. Hey, there is a car parked in there. And as soon as I make another trip to the dump there can be a truck in there too.
Now on to modeling. I have been working on a abandoned warehouse as a view block for an upper return track. I found several DPM modular wall sections I had had for years hidden at the bottom of a storage box. Well, there tis..

The junk in the yard, propane tank, tires, drums, dumpster, I found today while cleaning and rearranging . Also the weeds. luckily I had the fence from the early 90's, too. Even most of the roof details are old and un or re used. Oh Yeah, the parking lot is brick. I found this in a N-Scale Architects kit. I never built the kit but the brick came in handy. Had that stashed away,too.
Doc

Attachments

• warehouse-2.jpg
    warehouse-2.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Warehouse-3.jpg
    Warehouse-3.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 269

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That looks really good! The place is going to seed. Nice roof details too! By the way, I like your Fall foliage in the background.
Ralph

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
That is really nice! You gotta love those DPM wall sections. I've got a bunch stored up over here too, and as soon as I get some track laid, I'll go to town with them.

TexDoc

Aug 20, 2006
Corpus Christi, TX
Berraf,
To make the warehouse/building in use would necessitate more space, people, vehicles, and other sundry items. By abandoning the property the entire scenic arrangement is different. The fence closed, the lot filled with forgotten items, and I guess mainly this is the look of so many older building of this type across America. I live in a city where most of what was a thriving downtown is now empty, abandoned buildings. Around our port area there are scores of factories and assorted buildings abandoned and in various states of disrepair.
Just seemed like a good idea to me,
Doc

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Great scene, not just the building. I like the idea of an abandoned warehouse and you executed it very well :thumb: .

berraf

Oct 29, 2006
Odeshog, Sweden
www.fasth.de
Looking at the pictures once again and now I noticed the fence. How did you do it?
That kind of fence is needed mils off on a layout. Perhaps you have a tip about how to do realistic fence? Hope so :)

TexDoc

Aug 20, 2006
Corpus Christi, TX
Barraf,
I can take no credit for the fence. This is a Gold Medal product. Each package contains 240 scale feet of brass chain link fence. Packages come with or without gates which you can open. Barbed wire on the top that is bent out. I sprayed the pieces with Scalecoat II grime.
luckily I had several packages of fence stored away (like everything I used for the project). I say luckily because the price on the packages of fence was exactly 1/2 the price they sell for today. I bought these in the early 90's.
I see where BLMA is producing fence in HO and N. It is always good to have more than one source.
Doc
Doc