Need Vintage Wood, Metal Kit ID, Japanese Instrustions.

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by TedTrain, Nov 5, 2007.

1. TedTrain

TedTrain Member

Hi All!
    I got ahold of some Vintage Kits. I was told they are from the 60's, maybe 50's. They are all in palin white boxes. I have more than I picture here. The instructions are in Japanese..at least I think they are. They are wood, with metal parts, maybe brass also. Can anyone ID them for me? Of course thay are HO scale.

Many thanks, Ted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Gary S.

Gary S. Senior Member

Wow, that is a neat find. I don't have a clue as to what manufacturer they are. Did you find them at a train show?
  3. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I never realized the Japanese made kits like that. The diagrams are good enough that you shouldn't need to translate the instructions.
    (On RMweb, someone posted a set of locomotive kit instructions that seemed to consist of "Install parts 1-80".)
  4. CNJ999

CNJ999 Member

Ted, my guess is that they could be International Model Products items from the 1950's (an early Japanese import). However, I'd suggest posting your question to:

vintageHO : Vintage HO Operators

for their assessment. Those guys are truly up on ALL the old-time stuff.

If you can get a firm ID, it might be possible to get copies of instructions in English through the NMRA's library, which has a large collection of same.

CNJ999
  5. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

I love that! Another good one is "assemble parts to make model pictured on box". ;) :D

Andrew
  6. CowDung

CowDung New Member

It's difficult to read with the pics you posted, but the text does appear to be Japanese (not that it helps any). The bottom lines appear to be a Tokyo address and possibly a phone number...
  7. DeckRoid

DeckRoid Member

Nice find.

And as for reading the text... pffft... who reads the text unless something has gone wrong?!? Assembly by happenchance! Follow the pics and you can't go wrong.
    sign1sign1sign1