Need Some Help with my Doodlebug

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Tonight i started to take my HO Scale Spectrum Doodlebug apart and ran into a problem. For some reason or another i can not get the shell off of the car body. I have tried, pulling, prying & other things to get it off but it will not come off. The reason i want to take it off is so i can airbrush some dirt and grim on the trucks of the doodlebug. I would like to have it apart by tonight because it is supposed to be really nice out tomorrow and while it is nice i would like to get this done. So can anyone with advise please help me out with this?

shaygetz

I got it straight from the Bach-Man hissef when I tried to put a decoder in mine.

Turn it on its roof. Using a small screwdriver, start at one end and gently pry the side away. Insert a round or square (not flat) toothpick into the gap. Proceed down the side using about 4-5 'picks 'til you get to the end then repeat down the other side. Tip it topside up and it will work itself out.

Let us know how it goes. I had a helluva time getting it off even using that method -- found it impossible to do w/o some of the windows breaking off and needing reglued.

Let us know how it goes. I had a helluva time getting it off even using that method -- found it impossible to do w/o some of the windows breaking off and needing reglued.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
If all you want to do is airbriush grime on the trucks, just mask of the body and paint away! No need to remove the shell in what sounds like a bit of an onerous operation...

Andrew

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
I got the shell off. Took just a little bit of time. Andrew i wanted to do it this way in fear of me getting paint all over the shell and then having to go and look for another one. I know that might sound weird but this is my first big step into airbrushing. ;) I just want to be careful. LOL :D

Again i Thank Bob for the idea & help :wave: