Need some guidance

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Charlie, Ty,

Thanks. A positive response from you guys is like a giant achievement. You guys and others like you have set the standard here. I've got a long way to go on my layout before I can put this down, but I have a place for it in my "rural" area. I thought that having the painter would be a bit quirky and a good excuse for not doing a good job on the model. :D I added the foundation, steps and screening under the porch. I don't think they look as prototypical as they should, but hey, this is my first serious attempt so I hope I get better as I go.:rolleyes:

Clark,

Thanks for the tip. It sure beats masking tape. Working in N scale does have its challenges:)
Don

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
I added the foundation, steps and screening under the porch. I don't think they look as prototypical as they should, but hey, this is my first serious attempt so I hope I get better as I go.

I've seen a lot of "prototypical" houses like that, even lived in a few of 'em. :D :D Home repairs were hit & miss at best. You didn't call the local handyman, most places there wasn't one, you got out your hammer and saw and boards and you made something that worked. Anything more than that was "high falutin'." :D Your house looks great. It's one of those circumstances where you really can't make a mistake. Keep up the good work.