Need inspiration?

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
the man who created tha is a GOD!!!! he has to be a master modeller!
:goldcup::wave7::woot1::inw::excited1::-othat is some of the most amazing work i have ever seen!!!!! thanks for showin this cannonball!!!--josh

Beautiful consistancy... and did you notice that very little rolling stock was displayed. And no locos, I believe.

Thanks for sharing!

galt904

The things that always amaze me about his layout is how busy and big it looks, and how much it looks like the "dirty thirties".

ezdays

Out AZ way
I think thats true for all of our layouts, isnt it. :) LOL
I'd like to find those layouts. The one is in north Scottsdale, the others probably in Paradise Valley. It must be nice to dedicate two acres to your layout. I could have done that when we lived in Wickenburg, just that it would have been in a flood plane and indeed would flood several times a year.:eek: :eek:

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Not really our scale but you might like it anyways!

Rick The Railroad Guy: Railroads
Check out the video here!
http://www.ricktherailroadguy.com/images/EmpireBuilder.wmv
WELL WORTH THE DOWNLOAD!
Wow! What a layout. :eek: Now I know what $10,000 buys. :lol::lol:

Take a look at this.
Fantastic job even if it is an era I do not model.
A simple wow! :shock:

Enjoy.

Make sure to click the extra pages at the bottom. A lot of good stuff!
The Franklin and South Manchester Railroad Photo Tour
Click this area.

Page Two F&SM Photo Tour
Page Three F&SM Photo TourPage Four F&SM Photo Tour
Page Five F&SM Photo Tour
Page Six F&SM Photo Tour
Page Seven F&SM Photo Tour
Page Eight F&SM Photo Tour
The more I look at the pictures the more familiar they look. Wasn't this layout featured in MR or somewhere else?

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Wow what a layout..... NO DOUBT! THOSE ARE TOO COOL! Now your gonna have me staring at aerial images for hours trying to find these places.:mrgreen:

ezdays

Out AZ way
I dont know if the layout was or not. I just happened to find it. :)
$10,000 WONT buy it, thats the problem! :)
I'm guessing that ten grand might get you the plans for a backyard layout like that... not the two acre one though. Remember, he said it took two years to build that one. Again, just guessing, but I'd figure that smaller layout might be worth $250,000 and the two acre one at least double that... and that's without rolling stock. If you live in those areas, you can afford to spend that.

That one where the guy has it in his front yard? Well, he must have a very lenient HOA:rolleyes::rolleyes:... I know ours would be on me like a rash if I tried to do that at my house.:eek: :eek:

Triplex

The more I look at the pictures the more familiar they look. Wasn't this layout featured in MR or somewhere else?
It was one of Kalmbach's favorite layouts, and I'm sure it appeared in MR many times.