Need Help

Hey, Guys,

Shamus pm'd me a couple of days ago, wondering if I could run the "Magic Photos" contest and store the pics on my website. As I explained in my reply, my web site host doesn't allow uploading/downloading to remote servers. So that's out.

I have a second "private" site at another host that will work. I used it to upload pics to another forum a few months ago, but I have space for only about a half dozen or so photos.

In short, I can't do it. At least not if the contest goes over a handful of photos. Do any of you have web space and a willingness to run the next contest? If so, please email or pm Shamus and let him know. I'm certain it would be a great relief to him to know that someone is picking up the slack while he's ill.

Thanks. :)

Re: Help is close by :)

Originally posted by N Gauger
I have some space... But I'll need help on this stuff....

I can store the pics, But I don't know how to do the Thumbnails at the top of the page.. :confused: :confused:

So let me know.. I'm setting up the site ASAP!!!! :) :)

~~Mikey

Thanks, Mikey.

Dave can help you with the thumbnails. I think he's the one who actually sets that page up. Contact Shamus and let him know that you'll be storing the pics on your site. Between you, Shamus, RI-Mike (who ran the proto-photo contest), and myself - little help that I'll probably be :rolleyes: , maybe we can keep this from derailing. :) :)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by NYCentral
Mike, If you want to run it I'll give you access to my website then you could upload the photo's and do whatever you wanted.

I think between the 2 of us we should be able to get it going, I have the space for the pics, I just didn't know how to put the thumbnails on The Gauge. I think we can do it... I'll keep an eye on the thread, and see what happens.. Then contact Dave... Thanks!!!!!

:) :) :) ~ Mikey

Thanks, Mikey.

As I just wrote in an email to Tyson, I felt the best thing would be for you and Phil to run the contest. While Phil has acres of server space to store and load the photos, I don't have moderator's status. Which means I probably can't create the "Sticky" threads or do the other things Shamus did in the earlier contests. But you could. So I honestly think that 's the best way to go.
Again, thanks for helping.

Oh, BTW: just to add to the confusion, my name is Mike also.:eek: :D

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
This sounds like a Monty Python sketch --- G'Day Mike!! :)

Ok, Casey, Sounds good!! :)

Phil; Do you have a pic editor that can make accurate thumbnails?? I'll check with mine, (Adobe Photoshop) to see how one looks.. I'll let you know before tomorow.. :)

If it's ok with you, you can e-mail me access to your server, but it's ok with me if you want to post them yourself. :)

Let me know.. ~~ Mikey (too) :)