Need help with my Lionel NYC SD90MAC

coopertroopa

Jul 23, 2010
New Jersey
I have just gotten the Lionel New York Central LionMaster Diesel Freight Set for my birthday. I absolutely love the thing. Here's the problem. I don't have the Legacy system yet so I'm running it on the conventional transformer. I noticed that one of the ditch lights isn't working. I called the dealer and he said that because it wasn't programed right at the factory I would need to buy the Legacy system to fix the issue and reprogram it to activate the light. Has anyone had a similar problem or is this guy just tryin to force feed me the legacy system that I am planning on buying, just not yet?

Thanks,
Matt

Bill Nelson

Dec 14, 2008
Clarksville Tn
Mat,

first a disclaimer, every thing I know for certain about Lionel is 40 year old information.

It seems to me that if one ditchlight is in op, and the other works, you may have a bulb issue. It seems to my tiny little mind, that the ditchlights would be wired on one circuit, with one command to turn them on or off.

I would suggest contacting Lionel directly to get your information. Your dealer may have good information, but Lionel is the ultimate scource, and if it is a programming issue, they may be able to come up with some other options to resolve your issues.

I have always been a 2 railer, with the third rail being a deal breaker. Lionel has been coming up with some very impressive , extremely well detailed equipment, and reliability and running characteristics of the 3 rail system have proved to be outstanding, the world has changed.

Good luck, please keep us informed.

Bill Nelson