need help with city

I planned on putting in a city on my layout. Right now there is just a hole were the city will go. I have to frame out the area that the city will be in. My first plan was to have the city follow the slope of the tracks and put the tracks into the street. There is a problem with that idea the track climbs up to cross over the other track. Here is some pictures of what I have. I would appreciate any ideas.

layoutdesign.jpg

IM001144.jpg

IM001150.jpg

IM001143.jpg

IM001149.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Looks like you have a lot of space to work with! The first picture of the elevated tracks crossing over lower level tracks looks ripe for a scene with retaining walls and city styled tunnels. A lot of city scenes I've seen have the buildings on a level a little higher than the tracks with retaiing walls or rock cuts along the trackline. They look convincing to me.

That track that goes from 1/2 inch to 1 inch on the right side of your plan is at a lower elevation than the track that I presume is at the front of the benchwork, right? (the line that goes from 2 1/2" to 2"). Maybe that elevated track could be put on girders and bridge supports so you could see (and access) the lower level track behind it. Then build a retaining wall to the right of the lower track to use as a foundation for the city creating a "concrete canyon" for your trains to run through. Otherwise maybe you could cover the lower level track with buildings to disuise the loop so only the upper level was immediately visible. Hmmmmm, all kinds of possibilities!
Ralph

The wall idea is good but might not fit in with the first loop design. How could I cover it and make it blend in with the other part. I might have to put the bench work in for the city before I can get an idea but it would be beter to have a plan first. The other option is to have the track climb up off the street level onto a mound of dirt with tunnels for the cars at each intersection. Thanks for that idea I should have put a picture of the first loop on with it. I took some beter pictures. It is imposible to get the layout into one picture. The mountain at the end of the first picture will continue across the top of the layout to hide the top curve tracks. These pictures might help a little bit beter to see what the middle loop comes from.
IM001170.jpg

Picture of the first loop bottom of layout. The curve track to the right lead to the middle section.
IM001165.jpg

IM001146.jpg

the bottom track is the track from the first loop picture taken from inside the middle loop.

IM001167.jpg

Picture of third loop from bottom of middle loop.

IM001168.jpg

Picture of middle loop from control center inside of the middle loop

IM001169.jpg

Picture of the third loop from the top of loop

layoutdesign.jpg

I figured out an idea from Ralph's idea, put the wall along the part with the siding and make the city the same height of the track (2 1/2" to 1"). I would have to build stairs leading down to the track (1/2" to 1") so passengers can enter the station area. That is why there is three tracks there. But what to do with the track coming off the first loop that leads into the station area? Covering it up would not work since the first loop is mostly mountian, which is almost done just needs painting and some more yard tracks put in. Does anyone else have an ideas for the city or that curve track?