need help with bachmann plus gp35

Gina73

Hi..thanks.. I have a "new" old stock bachmann plus gp35 it runs nicely on fast speed...but when going slow it slows and screams...intermittently...anyone know what causes this...have seen it before with older trains...and what can i do to rectify it...i already greased what i could... i think...help needed...and thank you

Ray Marinaccio

Did you put a small drop of oil on the motor bearings behind the flywheels?
That sure sounds like the motor bearings need oiled.

Gina73

well...i finally found out how to remove the cover...i lubed the gears and shafts
...runs good now...just loud though...wish i could dampen it...i need gear grease...can i use lithium?...thanks for help

my understanding is that bachmann is always loud, not much can be done.
but I like the spectrums and plus models i have from them
would not trade them for anything

NYC-BKO

As long as it's plastic compatible you can use any grease you want, I prefer Labelle #106 for gears and a light oil for bearings, make sure the worm bearings are oiled too. I don't have the GP35 but have other B-mann's and oil & grease quiet them down alot with some break in. I also oil [ heavier ] or grease the sockets for the drive, this helps quiet them down too! Be careful how much you put on the sockets as excess will fly off everywhere!!!

My lube methods are a little different but any place there can be friction I lube.

Gina73

thanks guys! I went to a hobby shop and the man told me to use pinecar products white teflon dry grease...so i will give this a try...and a drop of woodland scenics..oil... ill let ya know... Gina : )