need help finding pics/maps

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
hey yall a recent thread by trucklover got me excited about an old project again.and i need help from anyone trying to find pics,maps,info,etc on a place called mar-fab lumber.it was on glenway crossing in green township in Cincinnati,OH.it burned down a few years back and i cant find any info on it :curse: .i don't remember which railroad served it but it was around since the late 50's.TIA.--josh

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Wow! I just spent the last hour and a half looking at aerial images, googling, MSN searching, staring at old topo maps and.... Nothing!!!!! I went on a LOT of wild goose chases and found a lot of neat old railroad history and I thank you for that opportunity but good luck on your search. I think slekjr is right... your going to have to find somebody who knows this area. I thought I found an area near the main yard north of the river that looked like it had been a big structure that had been burned down but upon closer scrutiny, I think it is just a scrap yard for the RR. I also found a facility south of the river that looks like it could be a lumber yard however, the structure is still standing, looks active, and does not look like it has sustained any fire damage. Good Luck!!!

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
thanks for all your help guys,i hadnt even thought of a local forum.ill try that tonight.but right now its off to hell..er..i mean "work" :mrgreen: .TIA.--josh

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Hey bigsteel, if you can, try to attend the NMRA Midwest division 7 meeting in August and the guys there will probably be able to help you. I'm also going to try to be at the meeting, too.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
thanks CNWman,ill try to attend if it doesnt interfere with work.it seems the more MRR stuff i try to do work picks up also.so,if luck is on my side,ill be there.thanks.--josh

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
thanks CNWman,ill try to attend if it doesnt interfere with work.it seems the more MRR stuff i try to do work picks up also.so,if luck is on my side,ill be there.thanks.--josh

Ok, the location of the next meeting is at the Good Sheperard Lutheran Church in Kenwood on August 12th. I'm returning from a trip from California on the 11th, so it's going to be a gamble for me, too.