Need Help finding motor parts for this Bachmann

Bachmann_I10sa

Feb 5, 2005
Hey again all, I need some help locating some brush parts for the motor in this Bachmann 2-8-0 Consolidation type I-10sa steamer. It's about 25 years old. This used to be a parts locomotive for my other two I-10sa's (hence the missing brushes and their springs), but I recently decided to repaint this engine black and attempt to restore it to service on my layout. I got the drivetrain rebuilt with a resin-casted replacement driveaxle (heehee I can make as many as I want now), but need new brushes and the little springs that go with them for the engine to actually run. I do not know their diameter but could take the boiler shell back off the engine to find out. Does anyone know where I could get the brushes I need, and the springs to go with them?

Attachments

• 2016a.jpg
    2016a.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 65

Bachmann_I10sa

Feb 5, 2005
Frame? I'm not sure what kind of I.D. you're referring to with that. This was a plus series locomotive, too. You say yours is just a few years old? I thought they stopped making these in the 80's. The motor on this one is one of those built into the frame, with the two little round brushes that ride on the armature.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
The brushes and springs from an old Bachmann train set diesel with the pancake motor will interchange.
I don't have any at the moment, maybe someone else here may have a junker they are parting out.