Need help finding loco parts.

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
Hey guys,
once again I have sat here for hours on end looking for detail parts for my up coming project. I've looked threw every single website I could find trying to find see-though grills for an AC4400 loco. I'm looking for all of the grills except for the top of the flared radiator grill. (the sides) Like the door panel grills. The grills that are slightly slanted right under the radiator over hang and the grills that are located just past the main power plant door towards the very top as well as all the grills right behind the cab. Does anyone even makes these?

C

Catt

I seriously doubt you will find what your looking for ,but I would check with Overland Brass as they do have a large list of brass loco parts for sale.

DixonRobertson

Jan 30, 2007
South Carolina
AC 4400 grill material

hello charles

Did you find perforated grills for the *top* of the radiator? I too have been frustrated in my search. Did you look at Details West (www.detailswest.com)? They have a package for the Kato 4400 but it looks like it would work for most any manufacturer. I have the Athearn RTR and want to add sound. I have a small oval speaker that I want to mount under the radiator, firing up. I can't find the grills, maybe because the original detailing is so sharp. I'm thinking about making my own from semi-sheer fabric over a styrene frame, with thin solid wire for the reinforced elements.