Need a X-15 Model File!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

These are both models designed by Nobi and, at one time, available from him. The links being posted here seem non-functional and not even Nobi's current website, which also has dead links to the models.

Typically, when a designer ceases to make a free download available, the model community respects their right to do so. Harder to tell what should happen with Nobi's designs, though, as many of the links on his sites for models you can purchase don't work either :) As he's a participant here, maybe he can clarify all of this.

Cheers --- Larry
  2. Larry Marshall

Larry Marshall Member

These are both models designed by Nobi and, at one time, available from him. The links being posted here seem non-functional and not even Nobi's current website, which also has dead links to the models.

Typically, when a designer ceases to make a free download available, the model community respects their right to do so. Harder to tell what should happen with Nobi's designs, though, as many of the links on his sites for models you can purchase don't work either :) As he's a participant here, maybe he can clarify all of this.

Cheers --- Larry
  3. rickstef

rickstef Guest

4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

5. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have both the X-15 and X-43 from NOBI. If you send me an email at ashrunner@gmail.com, I would be glad to email them back to you on a reply.
  6. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have both the X-15 and X-43 from NOBI. If you send me an email at ashrunner@gmail.com, I would be glad to email them back to you on a reply.
  7. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Just wanted to explain.

Okay, due to privacy concerns from some I have removed the links. The links work just fine for me and many others on any system with any OS, or even behind a mess of firewalls and gateways and so on. So not sure why others couldn't access them. And, I'm not going to push the matter either. But, since the links I posted where all to the original site archives there shouldn't have been an issue with the privacy concerns anyway. The links are public domain regardless of whether a site goes down but, in the future I will NOT, post links of this type again on this forum. If this is the case then it would most likely also be considered an issue to exchange the files then.

My apologies to anyone that felt I was in error for posting the links.

For anyone that has the links or wants to know what I'm refering to let me give you a little insight and then I will not make another comment on this again. All sites have archives stored within the originating servers. Anytime a site is created or edited this archive is updated so even if you delete a file from your site it is possible to access it again from your originating server. These archives can always be accessed by the public unless they were originally password protected or otherwise. There are limitations to this as well, depending on the site scripts as to what information is still retained. The links posted just accessed the archives and are publically available to anyone who types it in.

This I will now no longer comment on nor post any such links since it is considered on here a privacy/respect issue. But, just wanted to explain myself to those that questioned it. I did this out of respect that others took the time to advise of this matter. I ask just one thing please do not pm me on this matter or make any negative comments toward me on this thread. As I would in turn not do so to you.

THANK YOU! HAVE A NICE DAY!:)
  8. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Just wanted to explain.

Okay, due to privacy concerns from some I have removed the links. The links work just fine for me and many others on any system with any OS, or even behind a mess of firewalls and gateways and so on. So not sure why others couldn't access them. And, I'm not going to push the matter either. But, since the links I posted where all to the original site archives there shouldn't have been an issue with the privacy concerns anyway. The links are public domain regardless of whether a site goes down but, in the future I will NOT, post links of this type again on this forum. If this is the case then it would most likely also be considered an issue to exchange the files then.

My apologies to anyone that felt I was in error for posting the links.

For anyone that has the links or wants to know what I'm refering to let me give you a little insight and then I will not make another comment on this again. All sites have archives stored within the originating servers. Anytime a site is created or edited this archive is updated so even if you delete a file from your site it is possible to access it again from your originating server. These archives can always be accessed by the public unless they were originally password protected or otherwise. There are limitations to this as well, depending on the site scripts as to what information is still retained. The links posted just accessed the archives and are publically available to anyone who types it in.

This I will now no longer comment on nor post any such links since it is considered on here a privacy/respect issue. But, just wanted to explain myself to those that questioned it. I did this out of respect that others took the time to advise of this matter. I ask just one thing please do not pm me on this matter or make any negative comments toward me on this thread. As I would in turn not do so to you.

THANK YOU! HAVE A NICE DAY!:)
  9. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I recently became aware of a couple of requests for NOBI's X-15 and X-43 which ended up in my SPAM folder at Gmail. I want to publicly apologize to the two requesters who may have felt left out. Your kits are on the way now.

For anyone else who requested the models and haven't recieved them yet, please email me again, and put in the subject line something about wanting the X-15 and X-43 files. It will be easier to scan through the massive SPAM should the request again end up there.

Thanks, and again, I do apologize to all of you who have yet to recieve the requested files.