Need a male

Tyson Rayles

deer or elk or moose (n-scale of course) with a nice rack (set of antlers). Will pay a fair price (of course I have no idea what that would be :rolleyes: :D ). Just need one. Thanks

ezdays

Out AZ way
I hate to tell you, but it's kinda out of seaon for them.:rolleyes: Besides, I think you need a license or a permit or something as well don't you?:D :D

I'll keep my eye open for you though, there's a couple of places here that one might turn up.:)

Don

McFortner

Well, the next time my brother goes hunting I'll have him look out for one for you. But with how small you need them, the bullets he uses will make it hard to find any of the pieces.... :D

Michael

shaygetz

OooooooKay...had me worried that I went to the wrong page. That said, Bullwinkle (or Rocky for that matter) steer clear of my place. Somethin' about The Outdoor Channel and BBQ sauce... Check out www.walthers.com under Preiser figures.

Blake

Gee, I wonder where those antlers are going? Seriously Tyson, with your scratchbuilding talents, I'm sure you can come up with something. Unless of course you want to put the whole head on the front of the loco.:D :D By the way, love the fire apperatus.

Tyson Rayles

Folks I know I can get em' from Model Power etc. but I don't want to spend $5-$10 for one set of antlers. And yes I want to mount the antlers on the Climax either the front or on the roof, haven't decided yet. Somebody out there I hope is willing to part with just one animal instead of the whole herd at a lower price I'm hoping. :)

billk

Geez Tyson, certainly a man of your abilities should be able to scratch-build a set of antlers.

Should be similar to making a deciduous tree? How about using a piece of stranded wire to form them, and coating the result with a thin layer of plaster or solder or something??

PS - My brother-in-law bagged a 3-1/2 point buck just the other day. Should have been a 5-pointer but he hit it pretty square on.

roryglasgow

If any of those bucks in that Model Power set look like they might work, I'd be happy to send you one! Send me a PM if you're interested. Meanwhile, I'm going to ponder how to ship something that small! :D

CSX6638

Tyson

Try a local Arts & Crafts store or a place like Michaels they may have them. I picked mine up for 25 cents each in a local craft store, sorry I did not buy more because they went out of bussiness after 35 years or I would get you one. If you have any Flea Markets near you try there. If I find one I my travels I will send it to you.

Attachments

• a buck and his 2 doe.jpg
    a buck and his 2 doe.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 282

shaygetz

Below are some figures I've done in HO with a material I call "Ploop" i.e. Plastic Goop. It consists of sprue material disolved in liquid cement. Works like putty and takes about 48 hours to harden up. Just might be your ticket. These started out life in a variety of poses (the couple in amour were cobbled together out of 5 different figures, the sunbabe from 3) Bambi the Biker babe started out life as a Plasticville minister and the minister was a banker. The 2 bikes were Micro-machines, highly modified.

Attachments

• peplz.jpg
    peplz.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 259

davidstrains

Tyson, I see shays accomplishment as a challenge. It might be fun to try. Now I have to find a package of those figure sets to modify.

shaygetz

Here's the finished product. That's all you'll get though til my climax is finished. I don't generally show my work in progress. I like to hide my skeletons and foibles with a good coat of paint first.

Attachments

• antlers4.jpg
    antlers4.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 66