Need A Good Cleaner!

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Jeremy B., Apr 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. New Member

I am in need of a cheaper compressed air/alcohol mix cleaner for my nitro. I picked up a can of "Nitro Shot" from my LHS, but with no more than 3 cleanings out of the can it is going to get quite expensive @ $5.99 a pop. Anyone have any tips on something that is cheaper but is just as good? Thanks!
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

I use a spray bottle $.99 and denatured alcohol $2.99 and blow it off with an air compressor, although the compressor can be a little pricy if you don't already have one.
  3. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. New Member

I have a compressor so that might work out. Any kind of denatured alcohol will work?
  4. mastmec

mastmec Member

Yea, and don't forget to spray it down with WD-40, don't get it on the brake.
  5. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. New Member

Ok, I might be doing this wrong then. I have been only cleaning with the Nitro shot, or Nitro Force, whatever it is called, only. I have sprayed the entire unit down with that making sure it is completely clean. Where do I need to spray the WD-40, everywhere but the brakes? Do I wipe the WD down afterwards, or leave a good base all over everything?
  6. tg413

tg413 Member

i would wipe off excess but a nice shine is good.i dont think it would hurt it either way.i use paintbrushes to clean my cars,that way i can inspect them too. i try to take my cars apart every couple runs and hand clean,grease and inspect also.just my 2 cents.take care
  7. joshua2verizon

joshua2verizon New Member

ok so my inside is filthy, the engine, pipes, and platform. should i take the thing apart or just spray it down and wipe off what i can? im having trouble getting some of the parts to come off
  8. mastmec

mastmec Member

You can also pull the electronics and engine, spray it down with degreaser like simple green, let it set a few minutes then wash it with a water hose, dry it and spray down with WD-40, and wipe off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.