Neat new tool !!

Dave Harris

Feb 20, 2001
Las Vegas Nv.
Visit site
I just got the Jewelers tap & die plate that I bought on E Bay.

It is going to be great!! I can now make threads , internal & external from .7 MM to 2 MM . Before getting this 00-90 internal was the best I had.
MAN this thing will make some TINY threads!! .7 MM is about .025 !!
I figure I can thread brass rod & then use very small hex rod drilled & tapped to make nuts, make 2 nuts , solder one on for the head & I have some VERY small fasteners !
I think It will be well worth the 26 bucks it cost.
Last night I made Crank pins for my Mikado with it. The Mikado drivers are threaded 0-80 so I tapped a 00-90 washer & soldered it to an 0-80 screw, leaving enough thread to seat in the driver. Then I turned the rest of the screw, now headless, to .045 --- 00.90 size or .12 MM , threaded it with the die plate--after threading it would almost screw into a 00-90 nut , but was just a bit tight due to a teeensey bit of thread interference . So I put the nut in a nut driver & ran the .12 MM tap through it & it "tweaked" the threads just enough to work perfectly!!
The result is I now have MUCH smaller nuts holding the side rods on than the gross oversize screw head of an 0-80 screw. Looks much better.