Neat diorama idea, just need help with it!

Justin

Mar 15, 2007
Anybody ever see Back To The Future 3?sign1 Well, remember how they used Cierra Valley ten wheeler to push the Delorean time machine? Well.... Ithought about making a diorama scene of it! I just need help to find a vechile close enough to the DeLorean!announce1 Any ideas for it?

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
I agree its a great idea, only I'm trying to build one to run on my Old West layout. I've searched high and low and can't find any one that makes an HO scale Delorean. I finally bought a Lamborgini at Walmart to try to bash it. It's the closest I've seen, body style wise.
I do seem to recall somebody made one from scratch using sheetmetal. Good luck,
post some pics along the way.
Doc

Justin

Mar 15, 2007
OK. Also, any ideas about how I can super impose smoke,sparks etc? I had the same idea about the Delorean too.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
the smoke could be pulled cotton balls and sparks could maybe be orange/yellow LED's coming out through the bottom of the diorama.--josh

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I have seen someone do the delorean in HO scale. I belive their starting point was an 80's camaro from Monogram (I have one). with the glass hatch removed you could fabricated the rear decklid for the flux capacitor and MR Fusion. After that it's just a matter of blunting the nose and scribing the gull-wing doors in. As for the RR wheels, try N-scale wheels. I made a track inspection vehicle using them.

Mountain Man

Jan 19, 2007
You may have smidgin of bother with the anti-grav skateboard, but it should be interesting! :)

Kanawha

Apr 1, 2007
Glendale, AZ
I love Back to the Future. I've seen 1:43 scale (Matchbox size) Deloreans on Ebay. They are models of the car from the movie. It would be a bit big, but would be an accurate model. I love that the number of the Cierra steamer is 3, so they put 1's on either side to make 131.