Ncc 1701-a

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by col. kurtz, May 7, 2008.

1. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

HI GUYS NEW SCI FI BUILD FROM ME THAT ID LIKE TO SHARE KIRKS 1701-A AVAILABLE FROM SF@ƒy[ƒp[ƒNƒ‰ƒtƒg@ƒMƒƒƒ‰ƒŠ[
    STARTED THE SAUCER SECTION TOP SIDE COMPLETED IN TWO NIGHTS ONTO THE UNDERSIDE TOMMROOW NIGHT HERES SOME PHOTOS OF THE MODEL PRINTED OUT AND THE TOP SIDE OF THE SAUCER
    LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK GUYS (AND GIRLS):thumb:

Attached Files:

2. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

An excellent start. Everything looks nice and even. I did the intrepid from that site and ended up with a wavy, wobbly mess at the end. Kudos!
  3. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Nice. It is very clean looking. I also tried to build this one and ended up with a wobbly saucer. LOL

Keep it up buddy.
  4. thiswas my second model i built yours look tons better
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

your off to a great start! i have trouble getting flat saucers.
  6. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Looking good Col.:thumb:

Keep on Trekkin!
  7. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

thanks guys:thumb: been off today just a bit done to her ive made up the top saucer power part at the rear it was flat 2d so i printed the part at 1/3 its size cut out parts of it and ive made it 3d looks alot better heres some pics onto the bottom of the saucer later on today :thumb:

Attached Files:

8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

thats a great idea! ill have to keep that one in the back of my mind..............
    maybe ill just jot it down on paper.
  9. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

ill try to take some better photos they dont show the detail very well im planning to make the warp engines more 3d ad ing more detail the same way im about to eat then back to the build :thumb:
  10. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Nice build.

I've been looking at building this one. But worried about the dreaded warp nacelle 'droop'. The plastic guys should know about this, with the ERTL kit. It was always hard to get the nacelles to stay at the proper angle.
  11. ^ true i had to use invisible thread to keep mine in line without the thread it looks like a drunk ship
  12. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

i plan on using florist wire which will stop this happening ill share how i do it on this thread guys:thumb:
  13. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

not alot done in the end guys too much to watch on the history channel and uktv history tonight which has tied me up.anyway got the middle of the bottom part of the saicer section completed heres some pics of my progress.:thumb:

Attached Files:

14. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

Hi colonel:wave:
    I think you was in my brain:twisted: few days ago i build the same ship in 1/1700 (original scale is 1/1000)! you made some good ideas! nothing to say about your build:thumb:, just one thing: the Ent-A looks cool with some other TOS & TMP-ships in the same scale:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

15. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

THEY SAY SOME PEOPLE THINK ALIKE !! NICE BUILDS MARKO IM GONNA BUILD THE RELIANT NEXT WITH SOME MODIFICATIONS:thumb:
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Brilliant work Col.! OK, where do I get all of these wonderful ships and what size are they in originally, or are all different scales? Are these the ones available in the DL section?

Great work to D-Whale!:thumb:
  17. the ships col kurt are building you can get from his first post clik the pic of the ship on the web page
  18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Cool, got that, thanks. I have Ron Caudillo's TOS Enterprise and the Refit and a couple of others, guess I'm going to have to get them all together and check the scales and start work on my fleet. After I finish up some of the existing projects, that is.:mrgreen:
  19. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

hi guys just a update ive got the top and bottom sections of the saucer section completed and put the edges around the top section just got to join both togehter by the edge strips.ive also started to 3d other parts the nacelle booms cut out the blue parts ready to mount new parts printed on 80sq/gm paper under (see photo 1&2).
    heres the pics guys:thumb:

Attached Files:

20. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

six more pics........:thumb:

Attached Files: