National Hobby Supply Inc

BillD53A

Mar 23, 2002
Fort Myers Florida
Visit site
Yup, sure did, not sure if I am any too pleased either. I ordered 5 turnouts from them at the beginning of the monthbecause of the great price. The website said it would take 2 days to ship, usually. It took 2 weeks to get the order. They gave me a tracking number to tell if my order was shipped, but it didnt work. After 1 week, I sent a respectable email asking about the order. No response. After 2 weeks, I sent a nasty email. Still no response. The package came that day...with only 3 turnouts, 2 were backordered. I sent a third email, telling them that I had received the package and was happy with what I got. No response. It has now been 3 weeks and I still dont have the rest of the order. When I do get it, I will have to pay shipping charges again. Add the total shipping charges to the original; price and I would have been better off going to my local hobby chain store and buying the turnouts; I would have had them that day, too. I did some research about National on rec.models.railroad, going back to 1995. Roughly half of the people liked them, the other half did not.

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
Mike -

I have not ordered from them, but they have been a hot discussion item from time to time on the Atlas forum web site.

You might go there and do a search for the thread(s).

- George

PS Check all forums or at least the HO forum - I KNOW this dealer has been discussed on THAT forum!

G

Gregg Mahlkov

This is one of those outfits that do not know the difference between in stock and advanced reservations. As soon as they have a price they advertise the item in stock, even though it may be six months before it leaves the factory. That said, if you call to verify that the item is in stock and order right then, you should be o.k.

My only experience with that supplier was back in 1985 or '86. They advertised Atlas HO flex track at a really good price in MR and RMC for a couple of months, so I ordered 25 pieces. When I got it several days later, it turned out not to be Atlas. It was some European brand (from Austria, if I remember correctly). The truth to be told, there really wasn't anything wrong with the track, but it wasn't what I thought I was paying for either.

When I called them about it, I was told by some officious little snot that they reserved the right to make substitutions, and they would not take the track back unless it was defective.

I never ordered from them again.

alkcnw

Apr 10, 2002
camp douglas Wis.
Visit site
I ordered five switches and some other stuff from them three weeks ago, they said it was all in stock and ready to ship. Got a letter from them yesterday saying they don't have any of my order and don't know when they will. Cancelled the whole order, this was the third and last time I deal with them. Out of the three orders I made I never recieved anything!:eek: