Nascar roadtrip

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
I'll be travelin to New Hampshire for the race this weekend,and am wondering if anyone has any info on things to see up that way and maybe a good N scale hobby shop? My brother in law lives up there and said there's a shop on RT 106 is anyone familiar with that place?Go Stewart #20 Sorry about your troubles 88

pomperaugrr

May 21, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
Belg:
The Conway Scenic Railroad is a great way to spend a few hours. The trip up to Crawford Notch is great, especially the stop on Frankenstein Trestle. The old freight house, by the station, houses a great model railroad that had been featured in MR. The last time I saw it, it was still under re-construction after an extensive expansion. The roundhouse and turntable often have some activity going on there as well. Definitely worth the stop.

Have a great trip.

Eric

absnut

Oct 18, 2002
Maine
Visit site
And, further north on Rt. 16 from No Conway and the Conway Scenic RR (about 5 miles further) is Intervale and Hartmann's Railroad shop and train museum. He gives a small discount but his store is impressive (all scales) and the museum is great. If you have kids with you, he has an outdoor railroad to ride on.

Dick

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Been to Loudon a couple of times. Last time was for the "Thankgiving Race"
There used to be an old man that lived on the other side of Crawford Notch(just up from Conway) that had a toy museum and a huge American Flyer/Lionel layout on the second floor. He gave a small tour, the history of toys, then proceeded to run the trains. When I was there the house was up for sale. Don't know if its still around.
Don't forget the Mt. Washington Cog Railway, the Hobo RR in Lincoln!

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
hobby shop

Guys I thought I'd bring this back to the top for maybe a last minute post about a HOBBY SHOP in this area. I'm going to try to get to at least one of the sites you guys put up but with the time trails Busch and then Winston cup race I think getting around without traffic is going to be pretty difficult.