NARA Stuff

C

Catt

Hi gang,I'm getting some NARA decals made up.If you want some drop me a PM then send me a SSAE,and I will get them to you .Currently there will only be two scales that will be available.These are N and HO.

Here are the scale sizes.
Flag logo for locomotives: 14' wide x 3' tall
Flag logo for cars: 10' wide x 2' tall
Map logo for cars: 8' wide x 7' tall

decal1.jpg

decal2.jpg

decal3.jpg

These are being made by Scalerail Graphics and the drawings are from them.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
:) John,I think a NARA car with C&HV on it would look rather nice.I think it would be nice if all NARA members that has a short line would join in on the fun.
I am not sure which looks better. I hope you don't mind me using your cars..

#1 top or #2 bottom..

Attachments

• decal2.jpg
    decal2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 25
  • decal3.jpg
    decal3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 22

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
John,I got to thinking one could do a NARA unit as a lease unit or a pool unit by putting their road's letters on the cab,like this.

Attachments

• decal1.jpg
    decal1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 22

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
brakie said:
John,I got to thinking one could do a NARA unit as a lease unit or a pool unit by putting their road's letters on the cab,like this.
There's no problem regardless of what line you're running. I've seen many foreign locos running in tandem on the BNSF here. I think they send them here for the winter so that they don't rust.:D :D :D :D
Yeah, I think all NARA members should run at least one leased loco.

John:Any idea on color scheme?

C

Catt

Colour scheme is up to the member Don.The main idea is to show that the railroad is a member of NARA.My locos and freightcars will be in standard GVR colours with GVR reporting marks but with the NARA logo.The locos will most likely just be sublettered under the road number.

HMMMM,the more I think about the more I wish the would get here,but I just ordered them on Saturday. :D :D

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Catt said:
Colour scheme is up to the member Don.The main idea is to show that the railroad is a member of NARA.My locos and freightcars will be in standard GVR colours with GVR reporting marks but with the NARA logo.The locos will most likely just be sublettered under the road number.

HMMMM,the more I think about the more I wish the would get here,but I just ordered them on Saturday. :D :D
That's the first thing I thought of - the small (for G) NARA Flag logo under teh MF&W RR Logo :) A subleased car or engine :) :)

To Cool!! I'll send you the PM -- ASAP :D :D

......... and I suppose you'll want pics of what we do with all these decals too! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

C

Catt

This guy is quick. :D I got the decals today.The flags are red and blue so they will need a white background (either paint or decal paper).The maps are black.I am going to contact Bill and re-order a sheet in white.

I am also thinking of getting the map done with NARA in Railroad Roman for the members who model an earlier time. :D

Ohyeah while I'm thinking about it I would like pictures to post on the NARA site and maybe add an album on the forum. :D

Anyway send those envelopes to

Johnathan Edwards
1654 Horton sr.
Grand Rapids,MI.

and be sure to specify scale ,which decals you want.I'm going to raction the decals till I know how many want them. You can have (in your scale) 2 flag loco decals,2 flag freight cars decals ,and 2 map decals.If you want white maps let m,e know.
(PS) the new puter is here,now comes the fun of transfering 4 1/2 gig of data to the new one.

C

Catt

Dan,I'm still waiting for a reply on the railroad roman.I will let you know when I find out anything.

By the way,I have been advised by my legal department (wife :D ) that I should at least ask for a donation to help offset my costs on these decals.

I don't like asking people to pay for my ideas so I'm going to put it this way.

If you would like to donate (volintarily) to the decal fund put a $1.00 in the ssae when you send it.If you ain't got it don't sweat it,just send the darn envelope.

One more thing,I'm allocating 3 sets to a member to start out.They can be any 3 sets you want.

If I hear from Bill on the other decals I will post it here and the NARA form.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Since my internet was down, I had a lot of time last night to add color to one of the boxcars.
Was a lot of work, but it looks good. I'd slap myself on the back, but my arms aren't long enough.
NERC (New England Railcar)is a railcar and locomotive rebuilding and leasing company on my layout. In my world, they buy wrecked rolling stock and locos, rebuild them for sale or lease.
You'll be getting an envolope from me soon Catt!

Attachments

• BOXCAR1.jpg
    BOXCAR1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 20