Nantahala Midland merges with the Great Stuff, Styro and Spackle Midland

Tyson Rayles

Because of requests from severel people for an overview of the layout the next 3 pictures tell the ugly story. First after 2 years this is all I have to show for my time!:( Second I'm to stupid to turn the light off over the unpainted section and it about washed the picture out and thirdly (if that's a word) I'm not worth a sh*t at splicing 2 pictures together:p !

Attachments

• pan.jpg
    pan.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 147

Tyson Rayles

The buildings in the foreground is where a puplwood yard is going. To the left of the hoppers is where a feed business will go. The 2 track yard in the distance is the interchange between the NM and the Graham County R.R. and the track on the right running to the bottom of the picture and dissapearing under the mountain into staging is the G.C.R.R. track (all of it).

Attachments

• white.jpg
    white.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 155

Tyson Rayles

Just a overview of the section I'm working on now (and for the next 100 years I think). Now aren't you guys sorry you asked?:p

Attachments

• tell.jpg
    tell.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 148
Sorry?? ... Are you kidding?

Tyson
All the vignettes you've shown us now all fit into place.
1) The farmhouse and cornfield (or was it tobacco?).
2) "She'll be coming round the mountain".
3) The yard showing a helluva depth of field of your optics.
4) The pallet factory.
5) The township.

6) Wow!! now where it all goes and comes from!:cool: It all makes such great sense and so very well done too. I like the way the lower track of the GCRR follows a contoured route instead of a straight line.

I love the multi level type layout, they offer so much inthe way of photography (it's another reason I like Rory's pike so much).

Only one question now friend?
Why are you fiddling around on the computer when you can be shaping up the countryside on the unfinished end??? :D :D .
Youve wetted our appetite now. So you can expect to get bugged about progress! This post is just the first to bug you! :D

You have a great layout there Tyson, continue with the quality you have acheived so far.

Errol

Drew1125

I think it's a helluva piece of work, Tyson!
Besides a model RR's stregths lie in its quality , not its quantity !

Tyson Rayles

Yeah Charlie I know, when I get discouraged with how long it's taking I keep telling myself it's only a hobby, it's only a hobby. Errol it will be at least 1 year before there will be even a chance the work will begin on that left section. The right section is mostly just green painted landforms (or is I refer to it, hydroseeded styrofoam) Other than the buildings at the "main drag" into town and the furniture factory at the far right everything is tempory. Most of those "buildings" in the town area are only mock-ups. I don't have any interest in building a layout unless when I'm done I can have "a day in the life of said R.R.", operate it in other words and I haven't even scratched the surface on my waybills etc. It's only a hobby, it's only a hobby, it's only a hobby it's only

roryglasgow

I think it looks great, Tyson! It looks like a great trackplan.

Don't worry about the progress: it's QUALITY over quantity in your case!

Thanks for sharing the big picture with us!

rockislandmike

Add my applause to the meter Tyson, I think it all looks great. At least you've got an operational layout, and you get to run your trains !!!! Much farther ahead than a lot of us still !!!!

And I think that spliced picture looks great, gives nice view of the whole layout !!!!!!!!

<< Okay I've used up my allotment of exclamation marks for the evening >>

Drew1125

One more thing, Tyson...
I really like the way you've built the hills up against the backdrop.
Mind if I steal that one sometime? :D

RI541

Tyson,

I'll say this again "that is some nice work" .

You and Rory realy have helped me keep going forward. Time doesnt exist when I'm working on my own lay-out. If I work for an hour just to get a small area done so be it. I might think for 55 minutes and do 5 minutes of work but I like what I've done and thats all that counts.Its my railroad and if the trains dont run for another 6 months so what I just stop and look at the scenery.

Keep on chugging:D :D :D

shamus

Registered Member
Tyson my friend, thats a hell of a nice layout you have, and I like the way your controls are on the profile boards. If you have two photo's that you would like me to splice together, email um, and I will do my best.

Shamus