Name This Model

Discussion in 'Dioramas & Displays' started by Gil, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Gil

Gil Active Member

And better yet, name who the builder is. Extra points if you can name the software that it was created in....,

-Gil

[​IMG]
  2. Gil

Gil Active Member

And better yet, name who the builder is. Extra points if you can name the software that it was created in....,

-Gil

[​IMG]
  3. silverw

silverw Member

GOOD GOD GIL....!!!!!

Where did you get that picture??

Looks like where I WAS LAST NIGHT!!! ... lol :oops:

............... :roll:

....Billl
  4. silverw

silverw Member

GOOD GOD GIL....!!!!!

Where did you get that picture??

Looks like where I WAS LAST NIGHT!!! ... lol :oops:

............... :roll:

....Billl
  5. silverw

silverw Member

Something strange here.!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's not the picture I was looking at !!! :shock: :shock:
  6. silverw

silverw Member

Something strange here.!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's not the picture I was looking at !!! :shock: :shock:
  7. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Jim Krauzlis' SS Krakow 1:400 build of the JSC No 42 kit. See the building tale. And here, I think, the picture you used, although of course you mirrored it in Photoshop:

[​IMG]

I've seen that you can indeed make these watery effects in Photoshop. How it is done, I haven't a clue - unfortunately. Would be lovely to be able to put an aircraft model in a beautiful and haunting skyscape.

Best, Leif

PS. This was fun. Although, as beautiful a rendering of Jim's model as you've accomplished, Gil, please don't get too sidetracked. I know you're sitting on another great contribution to card modeling and the rest of us. Need I say alu rendering?

PPS. And yes, I cut a few corners - like Texman has taught me. The title of your full picture (what you get if you click in the smaller one in the posting) contains "SS Krakow". If you try a Google search the first item that comes up is indeed a search of "SS Krakow" on Cardmodels.net. I wonder how that could be?
  8. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Jim Krauzlis' SS Krakow 1:400 build of the JSC No 42 kit. See the building tale. And here, I think, the picture you used, although of course you mirrored it in Photoshop:

[​IMG]

I've seen that you can indeed make these watery effects in Photoshop. How it is done, I haven't a clue - unfortunately. Would be lovely to be able to put an aircraft model in a beautiful and haunting skyscape.

Best, Leif

PS. This was fun. Although, as beautiful a rendering of Jim's model as you've accomplished, Gil, please don't get too sidetracked. I know you're sitting on another great contribution to card modeling and the rest of us. Need I say alu rendering?

PPS. And yes, I cut a few corners - like Texman has taught me. The title of your full picture (what you get if you click in the smaller one in the posting) contains "SS Krakow". If you try a Google search the first item that comes up is indeed a search of "SS Krakow" on Cardmodels.net. I wonder how that could be?
  9. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Wow, Gil! :shock:

What a treat to be greeted by such a wonderful picture first thing this morning. Leif is correct, of course, although that little gal never looked so good before.

What a superb piece of work you've done with that old clunker! :D

Is that really my little Krakow, looking so good thanks to your brilliant computer graphic skills? You've done her a great honor to render her in such a life-like setting...just amazing! :shock:

I don't know how you do it, but I think Leif is right, you probably used Photoshop, but that is only the name of the tool in the hands of a master.
    Thanks!!

@Leif
    I also tried to find some more info on Krakow on the internet, but nothing came up for me either...not sure why.

Cheers!

Jim
  10. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Wow, Gil! :shock:

What a treat to be greeted by such a wonderful picture first thing this morning. Leif is correct, of course, although that little gal never looked so good before.

What a superb piece of work you've done with that old clunker! :D

Is that really my little Krakow, looking so good thanks to your brilliant computer graphic skills? You've done her a great honor to render her in such a life-like setting...just amazing! :shock:

I don't know how you do it, but I think Leif is right, you probably used Photoshop, but that is only the name of the tool in the hands of a master.
    Thanks!!

@Leif
    I also tried to find some more info on Krakow on the internet, but nothing came up for me either...not sure why.

Cheers!

Jim
  11. silverw

silverw Member

Aye....Mateys... :wink:

I think you could be right Leif....

Pour the coal to er... an be careful of the whirlpools..! :twisted:
    [​IMG]
  12. silverw

silverw Member

Aye....Mateys... :wink:

I think you could be right Leif....

Pour the coal to er... an be careful of the whirlpools..! :twisted:
    [​IMG]
  13. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Looking closer, trying to find the exact picture you've used, Gil, I don't seem to be able to locate it in the building thread. So I looked in Jim's picture gallery. And sure enough, there it was:

[​IMG]

So, no mirroring. Just the original. Apologies. Still a great job - on both hands, Jim & Gil!

Leif
  14. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Looking closer, trying to find the exact picture you've used, Gil, I don't seem to be able to locate it in the building thread. So I looked in Jim's picture gallery. And sure enough, there it was:

[​IMG]

So, no mirroring. Just the original. Apologies. Still a great job - on both hands, Jim & Gil!

Leif
  15. Gil

Gil Active Member

Leif,

Right on all counts!

Jim, Bill et al,

Glad you guys like the magic. I installed a new photoshop plug-in from Digital Element called Aurora. It allows the user to custom make scenes such as this one. Masking out the ship, adjusting the light, adding the smoke column and touching up a few details in photoshop allowed the ship picture to be composited into the scene. This was my first attempt and although not quite ready for the a big screen moment its pretty impressive in its own right. Aurora also does underwater scenery good for depicting submarines. This is great for doing the "box art" for finished projects including high altitude overwater scenes at any time of the day or night (even on other planets).

Sorry I've been remiss on posting NAF Leif..., guess I'll do the picture upload and edit the file for posting. I've been working on another project which will produce even more incredible results like the above but for just about any scene one wants to place it!

I am also working on using 3D packages to develop a process for incorporating computer graphics rendering into cardmodeling. It includes all the types of things being done in the recolors but is slightly more sophisticated in technique. Anyhow its proved to be more fascinating than I can descibe here but suffice to say its already yiedling viewable benefits.

-Gil
  16. Gil

Gil Active Member

Leif,

Right on all counts!

Jim, Bill et al,

Glad you guys like the magic. I installed a new photoshop plug-in from Digital Element called Aurora. It allows the user to custom make scenes such as this one. Masking out the ship, adjusting the light, adding the smoke column and touching up a few details in photoshop allowed the ship picture to be composited into the scene. This was my first attempt and although not quite ready for the a big screen moment its pretty impressive in its own right. Aurora also does underwater scenery good for depicting submarines. This is great for doing the "box art" for finished projects including high altitude overwater scenes at any time of the day or night (even on other planets).

Sorry I've been remiss on posting NAF Leif..., guess I'll do the picture upload and edit the file for posting. I've been working on another project which will produce even more incredible results like the above but for just about any scene one wants to place it!

I am also working on using 3D packages to develop a process for incorporating computer graphics rendering into cardmodeling. It includes all the types of things being done in the recolors but is slightly more sophisticated in technique. Anyhow its proved to be more fascinating than I can descibe here but suffice to say its already yiedling viewable benefits.

-Gil