Name that Layout

Damn Hook

Sep 27, 2006
Indianapolis
Looks great man! Another set of pictures saved. When ever I start, I'll have your work to help me keep going.. :thumb::mrgreen: (Mr. Green is cool)

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
He we are in another month since my last post. I have some stuff to show you, some progress I guess you could say. I HATE the road stripes and those will be redone. Crossing gates and such yet to come. A LOT MORE DETAIL needs to be done. You can see some other pictures more relating to vehicles then anything else at another thread located here: http://forum.zealot.com/t113099-27/#post790849

Feed back welcome!
Enjoy!

001.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

028.jpg

033.jpg

036.jpg

039.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

049.jpg

051.jpg

056.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

:wave:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
See what have I said all along????? YOU CAN NEVER have enough cones!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Hell i just got 144 more of them from scale scenics bringing me to about 400 cones :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AWESOME Pics Combat. I love the crane and the construction yard!!! All those cones, safety barrels and barriers look awesome in there surrounded by the chain-link fence, very realistic. might i suggest adding some pipes and a roll-off dumpster and some other "junk" in there too.

I like the VOLO forklift. I need to get one or two of those. Im going to re-paint mine for CAT tho :mrgreen:

And i also need to place another order for some more barriers too :twisted: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Can never have ebough of those either if you model construction scenes :mrgreen: :thumb: :twisted:

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
That rocks! ...or maybe I should say, Those rocks rock! Awesome scene. Are they molds or what? I kept looking for a stranded hiker somewhere needing rescue but maybe he has not been planted yet? Looking good. I must get over there someday.

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Thanks. I am going to take some more pics soon. I will show some of the other rocks I have done and some other landscaping. LOL
:)

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
As promised a few new pictures. I also did a small, and in my opinion bad video. It was something I did for one, as an experiment for something big yet to come and two, I thought you "might" like it! :)
You can also see my scratch built retaining walls and custom street signs. Enjoy!

Pics first!
Click the pic to enlarge it! :thumb:

Video:
YouTube - Santa Fe
:wave:

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
The twisted cable around the parking lots is a nice touch as well as the custom "tree" license plates.

Damn Hook

Sep 27, 2006
Indianapolis
Things look great man. The custom street signs also look good. :thumb:
And of course the video.. But it has be wondering what Big thing is to come. :cool:

Joah

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Little update:

The building is a Bar Mills Kit. I modified the kit with some custom signs and painted it a color that was completely different then what they have shown in their model. I am happy with it tried to make it look like an old building that has been some what maintained. :cool:

The trucks are by Boley.
The people are from Preiser.
The dirt is real.
The wood retaining wall is custom built.
All of the road signs are custom made.
The engine is an Athearn.
The vehicle are from Matchbox.

Feel free to ask questions. I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I did making it. :wave:

:eek:CLICK AN IMAGE TO MAKE IT BIGGER!:eek:

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
The street signs are made using my color laser printer and I size them down to the correct size. I then use foil tape like they use in Air Conditioning and tape it to the back. I then cut out my signs. I use floral wire for the signs cut to the correct length. To attach them I use a glue that drys clear. You could use Super glue. It doesnt seem to "eat" the tape.
:)

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Here is a SMALL example of signs I can make. I also can make a sign say anything you want.

CLICK TO ENLARGE!

SIGNS I HAVE MADE:

<--- DID YOU READ THE FINE PRINT?

I can make ANY SIGN YOU CAN DREAM UP!