Name Game

steamhead

Hey! Just curious to know the whys and wherefores of peoples user names on the forum ("Pitchwife" got me thinking about this...). My name? I get high on steamers the way acidheads did on acid...How about you guys??

Gus (LC&P).:wave:

My handle goes back about 8 years now. Had someone hack into my yahoo mail account and an Ebay account and had to pick a new one. Was listening to the radio and Live And Let Die came on. Been using it ever since.

Neat Thread!
Cory

MilesWestern

Miles Western is a spoof of our club's 'real' railroad: Niles Western, a sort of WP/SP looking road. I decided that Miles was more appropriate (it's my name, like BrianK) than niles and a bit more clever... :rolleyes: :D

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
ngauger - N Gauger- G Gauger - FnG Gauger - N GaugerLGB - N GaugerBLH

Started off with a CB Radio and a train set (HO)... My friends and I decided to start an HO layout... found out that we couldn't do what we wanted in HO (DM&IR)

Switched to N.. had an N gauge layout for about 5 years.. The CB handle I was using got "old" switched it to trains :) N Gauger...

CB's went out of style :( Trains didn't :D :D

Got engauged and moved out - when we finally settled down in a house, my wife bought me an LGB Starter set for our anniversary,.... NgaugerLGB

I'm also interested in Baldwin Lima Hamilton history (N gaugerBLH) I'v always lived within 5 miles of the Eddystone plant.

The NARA has recognized 1:20.3 narrow gauge as "F" now, (FnG Gauger ) because a lot of people still don't know about F gauge :) :)

So - there ya have it - - all my main AKA's :) :) :)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Some time ago we decided to get a personalized license plate, we came up with ezdays. This was not only our last name, but our new lifestyle. :wave: The plate was part of a feature that the Arizona Republic newspaper prints occasionally. I posted a copy of that right here, about a year ago....:D:D That's why I chose that as a screen name...:thumb:

zedob

Mine dates back to the earlier internet days about 15 yrs ago when I was trying to come up with a username and each one I came up with was used. so, I figured I'd try zedob because the chances were/are that no-one would have it. Sure enough, I've used it since and have yet to add any trailing numbers.

As for what a zedob is, it's an expression that I heard one of my classmates use in HS down in Loiusiana when she was talking about some guy she met. "He's like "zedob!", eeuwww..." Not a real compliment. Cajun French thing, I guess, but I have never heard it again. It jsut happened to stick in my mind ever since and it's been rather permanent and unmodified ever after.

2-8-2

Mine's pretty self-explanitory too.

I'm a fan of steam and early diesel. My favorite loco on my grandfather's layout as a kid was a B&O 2-8-2 Mikado. I like all trains, but steam has a bit of romance to it that the new stuff will never have.

Clerk

I was a Telegrapher Clerk for the SP way back in the late 50's and early 60's. Forgot the Telegraph code so am just plain old clerk

shaygetz

shaygetz is Hebrew for a gentile male. Though normally used in a derogatory sense because it literally means "worm", growing up Southern Baptist in a Jewish neighborhood with many Jewish friends and a love for Isreal has made it a term of endearment. Thus ends your first lesson in Introductory Hebrew 101.:thumb:

Hey zedob, my beloved Cajun bride says tht's probably Valley Girl Speak as she ne'er do hear dat on de bayou:D

C

Catt

Got mine in 'Nam back in the early 60's for my knack of slippin' through the jungle unheard and unseen till it was too late :D .Came back stateside and my friends heard it and used it.

Sometimes I get called "JohnathaN" :D :D :D

(PS) the capital N is for N scale,my fav modeling scale.But not my only one.

Scoobie

My user name is also my nick name Scoobie. Has nothing to do with the cartoon. My first name is Scott, so as a kid everyone called me Scooter. The first three letters in my last name are B-i-e. A friend of mine put 2 and 2 togehter, ego" Scoobie" and the spelling.

isboris4449

For years my nickname was "Boris" because of a fondness for a certain Russian beverage. After I joined the 4449 crew in 12/75, Doyle McCormack insisted on refering to me as isboris, and the revised nickname stuck. Since he gave one of the other firemen the nickname "Pixie Boots", I consider myself to have gotten off lucky.......

Tom

I always thought I'd be a great fighter if it wasn't for my stomach trouble - no guts-. I would like to be some kind of hero, but I also have back trouble, - a yellow streak all the way up and down-. That's why I picked Yellow Lynn. Truly, I've had 3 back surgeries so I really do have back trouble. About 7 years ago I had the choice of surgery, or be totally paralyzed from the waist down in 3 months or less. Still hurts, but I'm still walking.

Lynn

Pooh Bah
I needed a name for the gauge in a hurryin order to make a post. I didn't want to use the loco number I used for a password, so I took the only other one I could remember at the time. (60103 was the number of Flying Scotsman when British Railways owned it.)I also use BR60103 and on a couple of British forums I'm David in Canada.