Nakajima Ki-27 Build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Jan 18, 2005.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Just build my own design :D to display how Ki-27 look...this time i want to make a clear canopy for this Nate...let's see what can i do
  2. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

I decide to make clear canopy so i cut part where is position of cockpit out and color with black color inside...
  3. barry

barry Active Member

Looking good NOBI especially the coloured joining strips be nice with a cockpit.

barry
  4. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Today i finish fuselage and also add tail and tail's wing together. fit is good but due to small scale make it hard a little to glue part together. dont forget to add internal spar for tail's wing...it help u a lot in assemble process.
  5. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Today not have time much to assemble model, prepare myself to next project. if someone have cool subject for me to design feel free to PM me ;)

Now back to Ki-27 after put cowling into fuselage, i work on wing. make wingspar to make wing strength and prepare to put wing into fuselage.
  6. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Nobi:

Would you be willing to do this plane in one more color scheme?

This is what I have in mind....
  7. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Back to Ki-27 :D today after install wing into its place, i work on landing gear. a little bit small part to work with but look cool when finish. i not finish landing gear today but hope this weekend will be finish

Shoki : very cool color scheme but my Ki-27 is a version what is not have a wheel cover. (version what flown over Northern Thailand were no wheel cover) but i look forward to paint like that
  8. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

It shouldn't be to difficult to add those covers :D
    Then you could sell three color schemes and I would certainly buy this one 8)
  9. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

Nothing progress much on weekend, just finish landing gear and wheel. i think landing gear and wheel is difficult parts for every model i assemble hehe but no problem in this Ki-27. now only canopy and propeller left.
  10. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi There,

today is canopy's day...i think im wrong to make clear canopy...it is small and my skill not reach to that level. so i got only ugly canopy but im proud to finish that canopy
  11. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

that doesn't look so bad really... my first canopies where a looot worse!
    it took me a while to find out what works and what not, and even so, sometimes it still goes wrong...on the other hand a clear canopie makes a great model even better i think.

in fact i started building the same model a few days ago at my favourit 1/72 scale, ;) and today i made the canopie... here are some pictures of how i did it. (quick cheap, and effective)

for heating the plastic (from a chewing gum package) i used a lighter(that i found)...it may seem risky as the pieces are card, but you have to keep it at such a distance that only the plastic is heated. by the time the flame would be close enough to light the card, your plastic is ruined anyway. there is a good threat going on in the tools and tips section, so i'll just post my little lo-fi version here:)
  12. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Lunar,

That is real cool economic technic and i like it very much...i think i must do like your and thinking to find some vaccuum machine soon :D