nachoman - 2005 challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nachoman

okay, my LHS had the kit - good for them. Now to open the box to see what I have to work with...

wow. It's much smaller than I thought. this could be interesting....

kevin

N

nachoman

first steps...

I am not quite sure what kind of building this is gonna be, but I know I don't want a signal tower. Here is my progress with modifications to the second story.

Attachments

• challenge1.jpg
    challenge1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 69
N

nachoman

slow progress is still progress

so far, I have jsut re-arranged the upstairs, and added some paint... the real bashing is yet to come.

kevin

Attachments

• bash3.jpg
    bash3.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 73
N

nachoman

update

I cut an awning out of the roof. I was hoping the remainder would be large enough for the second floor roof, but it looks like I may have to come up with something else.

kevin

Attachments

• challenge6.jpg
    challenge6.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 77

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hey, I like it already, Kevin!
Can't wait to see what you come up with!
:thumb: :cool: :cool: :thumb:

N

nachoman

well, I've got a roof now, but I havent decided what to cover it with. My thought was corrugated steel. I've also modified the stairs so the 2nd floor occupants have a way to get in and out.

Attachments

• challenge7.jpg
    challenge7.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 72
  • challenge8.jpg
    challenge8.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 71
N

nachoman

Since this structure will represent something that has been sitting in a mining area for 30 years, I figured it needs a little weathering.

Attachments

• challenge9.jpg
    challenge9.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 73

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Excellent modeling, Kevin!
Nice job on the weathering!
Can't wait to see what you do with the roof!
:thumb: :cool: :cool: :thumb:

N

nachoman

a roof...

I made a roof out of some thin, shet brass I had lying around. I rolled it against the side of a 2" pipe fitting to get the corrugations. Looks ragged, but it cost me nothing and fits well. The wooden sidewalk is just scribed styrene sheet.

I still havent decided exactly what this building will be. Mabye the downstairs will be some kind of small store or barber shop.

kevin

Attachments

• challenge10.jpg
    challenge10.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 49
  • challenge11.jpg
    challenge11.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 43
N

nachoman

with a few more details added... I've finally decided what this will be. it will be a small market that sells meats and dry goods. A carneceria. the shopkeep lives upstairs. all I have left to do are details..a few signs, a vent pipe or two on the roof, window glass, maybe some lighting.

kevin

Attachments

• challenge12.jpg
    challenge12.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 47
N

nachoman

well, here is the final product: a general store/grocery/carneceria. I tried to use as many kit parts as possible. You should recognize many of the signs as woodland scenics dry transfers :) I'll try to upload some better photos in a few days - right now I have to use a dialup connection.

kevin

Attachments

• chalengef2.jpg
    chalengef2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 44
  • challengef1.jpg
    challengef1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 44
  • challengef3.jpg
    challengef3.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 44
Status