N Trak module done!

Bill Pontin

Finally finished up the last bits on the module and have it ready to load for the Springfield show this Saturday/Sunday.

One of my fellow club members said that I should provide lighting for the module. He has seen modules at shows that have additional lighting and they look sharp. I started looking around and find they want $35 or better for track lighting. Ouch!, in addition I wanted low voltatge type and they cost even more. Well being the frugal typical modeler - I'll build it cheaper. Well I found a low voltage three light set for $18. These are the under the counter type, high intensity lamps. Okay, now I need a suspending system of sorts and thought about using 3/4" plastic plumbing pipe. Real cheap all the fittings and pipe for less than $6.00. Bottle of glue, misc. nuts bolts, clamps, washers, can of black spray paint another $11.00. Four hour labor and I was done. Somehow metinks I lost on the build it cheaper myself, but anyway it was a fun project.

Attachments

• mvc-004s.jpg
    mvc-004s.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 307

belg

Bill truly impressive module I've followed all the other posts and have really enjoyed watching your progress. How much wattage do those lights put out and how did you bring the wiring down to the transformer?Thanks Pat

I just got back from the Springfield show. I saw Bill's module and I have to say that even the excellent photos just do not do justice to this incredible module. It was difficult getting close to it, as it was gathering quite a crowd. It was well worth the wait!:thumb:

Bill: I'm glad I had the chance to meet you and to see not only the new module, but your older modules as well. You did an excellent job of carrying the theme and colors across both old and new modules.

Eric